Ralco Rz Short Shifter - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ralco Rz Short Shifter
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:58 AM
yea you dont need any clips with the blue pivot pin it just goes into place and thats it. I dont know how you guys have so much play in first gear mine is nice and solid in pretty much every gear except when in neutral. however the first gear getting stuck isnt a problem for me so much anymore, you basically have to cut out this whole plastic area in the shifter base and I will take pics once I get around to doing it like when I have alot of time without needing to go somewere lol. then you just break in the shifter for a few miles. it will start to get alot nicer after you break it in.

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:01 AM
Im actually thinking about making a video about it today Ill show it going through gears and then me diving with it.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:23 PM
Do they make these for 04's? Havent been able to find any.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:09 AM
yes Im sure its all the same for 03+ mine is an 03.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:28 AM
i fixed my loose cup with 2 o rings, the original let loose so the shifter would slump in the cup, i got 1 size thicker and 1 size thinner O rings i disassembled the top part of the shifter where the o ring goes, i installed the thinner o ring around the cup slightly lower than where the original was to wedge it up to keep the weight from slumping it, i than installed the thicker one in the stock location with the push cap that secures it in place, so in 5 mins and .50 cents i had a brand new shifter lol i got no more than 3/8" of play in the shifter now
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:51 PM
yeah i just got mine and installed it today, the pivot pin has a cutout for the c clip but it doesn't come with one which i found a little odd, i just hope it doesn't come out.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:50 PM
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and im still waiting. I also have a 01 console and a custom shift boot in the mail but i cant do anything without the shifter.
Friday, April 01, 2011 4:56 PM
Doug DeBonet wrote:yeah i just got mine and installed it today, the pivot pin has a cutout for the c clip but it doesn't come with one which i found a little odd, i just hope it doesn't come out.

Same here, I took a window crank c clip, modified it and made it work. Has been holding up for 2 years.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 8:47 PM
Where did you buy your short shifter from?

Friday, April 08, 2011 11:48 PM
where can i buy the same short shifter from? Import Performance Parts??

Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:16 PM
Just ordered my shifter from clutchflywheel.com... Cant wait!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:44 AM
Spalattero wrote:
Doug DeBonet wrote:yeah i just got mine and installed it today, the pivot pin has a cutout for the c clip but it doesn't come with one which i found a little odd, i just hope it doesn't come out.

Same here, I took a window crank c clip, modified it and made it work. Has been holding up for 2 years.

I got a 7/16" external retaining ring in there doing wonders.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:45 AM
i emailed ralco and i guess they run this ultrarev.com because the guy ray who emailed me back was on the shipping receipt.

http://www.ultrarev.com/914836.html
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:27 PM
Spent 62.99 bucks and i coulda got this!
------ http://www.ultrarev.com/ss-gca00.html

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:34 PM
I got my shifter today and gonna install it in a bit, what part on the shifter do you have to trim???

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:49 PM
For the getrag shifter, I don't think you have to remove any material.
Search man, you're gonna get more answers that way than posting in here. And if searching doesn't help you, try starting a new thread.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:15 PM
How do you disconnect the shift cables from the shifter? Its on a 02 sunfire

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:23 PM
nvm i got it lol, Now how do you get the top black part off thats holding in the shifter? it turns a lil but it dont come up

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:35 PM
I have one, Love it.
Have a stock knob threaded onto it..

+1 for Ralco

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:14 PM
Fashow69: I installed my Ralco shifter today and I cannot believe how much better it feels vs my stock shifter.

However I ran into an issue that the right shifter cable clip assembly seems to rub on the bottom of the black plastic shifter assembly? Is this the part that I have to trim?

I kept playing around with re-adjusted the cable clip and I got it now so it only rubs slightly going into 3rd and hardly any into 4th. The rest of the gears are fine.

I bought the shifter used in a shifter assembly already. However it seems that the ball part of the shifter is alittle loose and the ball seems to "fall" down in the housing. I saw someone posted about installing O rings to fix the issue. Is that way to fix the ball being somewhat loose? Also how do you install the orings?

2000 Buick Regal GSE - "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800" - 333WHP
12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)

2004 Chevy Cavalier - 15.7 @ 90mph (Semi-Modded)

Friday, February 24, 2012 9:41 AM
+2 FOR RALCO
JUST INSTALLED MINE!
Friday, July 27, 2012 7:58 AM
Just installed this shifter yesterday. Everything went perfect. Had to file down a small spot under the right linkage, but other that that it's everything I hoped for. I would Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a short throw
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:21 PM
Nice! Mine has been ordered. Can't wait for!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:16 AM
I've had mine in there since about a week after I got it and love it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search