Convertible back seat - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Convertible back seat
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:35 PM
Is the back seat of a convertible interchangable with a coupe or sedan? I am inquiring about the one piece upper or lower section. My car was flooded last week and I didnt realize it untill today. The back seat is really soggy and I would just like to get a new one if they are interchangeable.

Thanks

Sig'less since '02!

Re: Convertible back seat
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:45 PM
you can use the lower portion from a coupe or sedan but only that. im using a coupe bottom. only the top wont fit as its alot narrower.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:50 PM
haha i just noticed who you were lol

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:57 PM
Yeah, the cvers are nice,, thanks! I think i ripped one of the headrests a little more, but still looks great. The water inmy car got up to the back seat and it looks like it had been wet before due to the back windowbeing missing. Thanks for the good info again.

Sig'less since '02!
Thursday, August 05, 2010 1:15 AM
Where are you located at?? I have a complete interior from a vert sittting in my basement, and maybe willing to let you buy it off me. Let me know. This stuff is too big to ship tho.

Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:53 AM
I'm in hampton, Virginia... a little too far way. Thanks for the offer though.

Sig'less since '02!
Thursday, August 05, 2010 8:21 AM
azncav wrote:you can use the lower portion from a coupe or sedan but only that. im using a coupe bottom. only the top wont fit as its alot narrower.

Are you sure a sedan or coupe rear seat bottom will fit in a convertible?

Asking because the interior rear side trim panels in verts are different than those in a coupe and the top lift mechanism (specifically, the actuators that lower and raise the rear quarter windows when the top is lowered or raised) take up additional space, which I assume would lead to the seat bottom having to be narrower than that in a sedan coupe. Also, when I ordered the Katzin leather for my car, I specifically recall the upper and lower rear seat pattern diagrams on the Katzin website for 3rd gen verts having different catalog numbers for those for the sedans and coupes.
Thursday, August 05, 2010 11:23 AM
yeah theyre different but like azn said the rear bottom will work...just fits snug. the top is where the top mech leaves less room.

and how did you not notice that your car was flooded? lol

Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:28 PM
mikeythemars wrote:
azncav wrote:you can use the lower portion from a coupe or sedan but only that. im using a coupe bottomm. only the top wont fit as its alot narrower.

Are you sure a sedan or coupe rear seat bottom will fit in a convertible?

Asking because the interior rear side trim panels in verts are different than those in a coupe and the top lift mechanism (specifically, the actuators that lower and raise the rear quarter windows when the top is lowered or raised) take up additional space, which I assume would lead to the seat bottom having to be narrower than that in a sedan coupe. Also, when I ordered the Katzin leather for my car, I specifically recall the upper and lower rear seat pattern diagrams on the Katzin website for 3rd gen verts having different catalog numbers for those for the sedans and coupes.

did you not read my whole post? oh and i know all about katzkin leather . in fact i had two sets at one time. just to put it out there, i took the bottom portion from my 96 coupe. me and tabs talked about this long ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 05, 2010 4:30 PM

Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:08 PM
(tabs) wrote:yeah theyre different but like azn said the rear bottom will work...just fits snug. the top is where the top mech leaves less room.

and how did you not notice that your car was flooded? lol

The car is a project so I don't check on it too often. I went to install the katzkins that azn sold me on Tuesday, and noticed my car filled up from the previous thursday's rain. It smells bad. I didn't know the water got that high in my driveway. I was at work when it was high and the city had unclogged the storm drains by the time I got home.

Sig'less since '02!
Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:13 PM
hey tabs you want the tan ones?

Friday, August 06, 2010 7:30 AM
There's a red 1999 cav vert at the Pull-A-Part in Winston Salem, NC....but might be quite a drive for you. I know it was a 2 hour trip for me one way. But it's just a thought.
Sunday, August 08, 2010 9:33 AM
the gap on the rear seat back isnt that bad, I had the complete white interior from the verts in my 96 hardtop cav.
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:48 PM
Resurrected, sorry searched best I could

I want to switch over to a 60/40 rear seat from a ’03 but my ‘97 vert has 1 large seat on the top back. Everything else fits nice, I am just trying to figure out how to get the top back portion to connect. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have the bottom rail from the donor car that enables the 2 top sections to link up and swivel etc. I am stuck on how I would be able to get them to attach at the top (if that makes sense). I will take a picture if it stops raining because it is hard to verbalize what I am talking about.

I read a post of someone who installed freaking SRT-4 seats in the back ha so considering that I think this shouldn’t be too difficult to do, correct?
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:24 PM
its not going to work bro .. vert top rear seats are way shorter in width then sedans and coupes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search