My custom stereo - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My custom stereo
Saturday, December 11, 2010 7:03 AM
Here is the custom stereo setup I built in my car. Just wondering what you guys think.

Re: My custom stereo
Saturday, December 11, 2010 7:23 AM
where'd your interior go bro?

Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:29 AM
Install is nice. Now just get some nice gear to go with it and Ill be a big fan.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 11:00 AM
Well I dont have a backseat but I re did all the interior. Just got my new carpet gotta put it in. Then my seats.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:12 PM
hard to tell with how dark the finished pics are. be nice if it wasnt so boxy though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:34 PM
It would look ALOT better if it had a fiberglass top instead of a hacked together MDF top.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:34 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Install is nice. Now just get some nice gear to go with it and Ill be a big fan.

X2
Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:14 PM
It looks pretty cool. Can you get some better pics?

Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:23 PM
Yea Ill get a better finished picture. It is dark in our garage and hard to get a picture of anything thats black.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 10:01 PM
Quote:

It would look ALOT better if it had a fiberglass top instead of a hacked together MDF top.

I suppose 80's speckle paint is cooler...

PLEASE go kill yourself.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:14 AM
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

PLEASE go kill yourself.

What part of his post provoked you to tell him to kill himself? Thats a little harsh for speaking his mind. I don't agree with his oppinion, I think the carpet looks well done (atleast in poor lighting) and I like the boxy look of the mdf. But I don't think Tinkles needs to die for having a differnet opinion.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:11 AM
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

PLEASE go kill yourself.

You know that you can still cover it with your fabric of choice, right? It is was fiberglassed the angles/curves would be alot smoother, the subs would be recessed into the boxes so they were flush, the components would be in snugger fitting pockets, and the whole thing would weight a bit less. Basically it would look alot better/more professional.

Example - Vince(Big Poppa)

D.Simoes wrote:
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

PLEASE go kill yourself.

What part of his post provoked you to tell him to kill himself? Thats a little harsh for speaking his mind. I don't agree with his oppinion, I think the carpet looks well done (atleast in poor lighting) and I like the boxy look of the mdf. But I don't think Tinkles needs to die for having a differnet opinion.

Dont worry. Jack has been around long enough to prove that he knows nothing and is actually just jealous of my knowledge/skills. Why else would he save that affectionate photo-shopped pic of my old sig?

Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:43 PM
Quote:

actually just jealous of my knowledge/skills.

Quite jelous indeed... I wish I could buy parts off the shelf as good as you!

OP - Good job. You did what you wanted, not what others want.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:51 PM
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

Good job contributing nothing to this. Grow up.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:23 PM
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

Yep, i can buy parts off the shelf quite well(including custom/rare parts).

Also why are you crying sooooooo much? I told the OP what i thought about it which is what he requested.

Paul Fisher wrote:Here is the custom stereo setup I built in my car. Just wondering what you guys think.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:57 PM
Can't tell by the dark pics, did you just keep straight lines along the sides by the rear windows? I ask cause that would leave random gaps and I'm not sure how it would look with that.

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:32 AM
I drive a silver car wrote:Can't tell by the dark pics, did you just keep straight lines along the sides by the rear windows? I ask cause that would leave random gaps and I'm not sure how it would look with that.

thats why its usually better to use fiberglass so you can fill them to match the contours of the cars panels but apparently if you mention fiberglass jack jenkins has a coniption fit and his head spins around. so be careful.

other reason being the j-body is a car full of curves. there hardly isn't a straight line on the car itself. so when you build something straight and angled and boxy it doesnt go with the back of the car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 17, 2010 4:33 AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, December 17, 2010 10:46 AM
^ agreed, he could still use mdf and kept the curves and contours as I did for the floor of my rear seat delete. It's a matter of look fiber or leather, pleather etc. I agree you need to keep with the flow of the car. It doesn't look like it in the pic. I think he used straight lines.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:37 AM
Jack Jenkins wrote:

yes. yes it is. by factors of thousands.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:00 PM
I did use straight lines. I think it turned out well, I would have liked to use fiberglass but didnt have the time. It turned out like I pictured and imagined. Maybe in the future I will pull it out and take the time and do something fiberglass, depends on how things go.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:31 PM
Nice job...Would def. like to see some better pics but looks like a nice turnout otherwise.......i do agree with the fiberglass smoothing but it's your car and your decision but I like the way it look, personally....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Friday, January 21, 2011 5:46 AM
looks good great work

Friday, January 21, 2011 7:04 AM
Tinkles wrote:
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

PLEASE go kill yourself.

You know that you can still cover it with your fabric of choice, right? It is was fiberglassed the angles/curves would be alot smoother, the subs would be recessed into the boxes so they were flush, the components would be in snugger fitting pockets, and the whole thing would weight a bit less. Basically it would look alot better/more professional.

Example - Vince(Big Poppa)

D.Simoes wrote:
Jack Jenkins wrote:
Quote:

PLEASE go kill yourself.

Dont worry. Jack has been around long enough to prove that he knows nothing and is actually just jealous of my knowledge/skills. Why else would he save that affectionate photo-shopped pic of my old sig?

No real mortal can compair to big poppa's builds over the years though. except for a limited few on this site.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 1:33 PM
OP, i have to agree with most, its a decent build, but get some better stuff in there, and smooth it out to flow better IMO.

Jack Jenkins, you are a whiney little bitch, everyone is entitiled to thier opinion, just because it doesnt match yours.....you shouldn't get your panties all bunched up. Im sorry if Tinkles put saw dust in your vasoline.....get over it and grow up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:04 PM

Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:51 PM
haha, looks good man I like it.

I love clicking random threads. not only do I get to see fun pics, but I also get the entertainment of others arguing (and it's rarely with the op, haha)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search