Rear Seat Swap? GTO or SRT? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Seat Swap? GTO or SRT?
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:18 AM
I've been looking into swapping out (for starters) my seats and the rest of my interior. The bigges issue of course comes with the back seat as they dont make aftermarket rear seats and i want them to look the same, or at least remotely close. I have found 2 rear seat set ups i like so its just a matter of which one to go with. Should I go with the SRT4 set up or the GTO? Personally I like the GTO set up but the gf is trying to veto them because they have bolsters instead of being flat, therefore rather uncomfortable in a horizontal position... (her words exactly). I also know that the GTO seats would take up a bit more room and as I'm 6'2" that may be a bit more of an issue to anyone who would have the unortunat experience of being put in the back seat. I can get the GTO or SRT seats for about 200 shipped either way so the cost isnt a determining factor. Whats your takes?

Re: Rear Seat Swap? GTO or SRT?
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:31 AM
To my understanding the SRT are easier to attach to the car but those GTO seats just look sexy.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:59 AM
Thats what i thought too... and i can get the full set of seats to fit into the car and not have to reupholester them to get rid of the GTO lettering. but as you said, those GTO seats just look sexy.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:27 AM
Got some EVO rear seats for sale.... Black and Blue brand new...

Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:03 AM
Thanks, but I think I'm going with the SRT setup found a full set of seats for 175 i just gotta take em out myself
Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:00 PM
Idk about GTO seats but SRT's aren't thatttttt hard to install. I could be biased tho...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=351437&t=351116#351437

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:51 PM
ion seats

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:33 AM
is that in your car? that looks awesome
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:27 PM
yah i got the whole set from work.just waiting to get the front brackets for the seats done.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:53 PM
Awesome, are they base model? or are those Redline Recaros? I managed to find a full set front and back for like 500, but I am being overly optimistic that I'll find a set on craigslist someone will sell cheaper.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:24 PM
redline recaros.had to do some fab work on my stock bracket to use the seats.the split is different from the cavalier but turned out real nice

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:51 PM
Eh I really dont care much about how the split seat works so long as the seat looks better than whats there now. I found a redline being parted out and sent the guy an email asking if he still had the seats. I wouldn't mind picking them up and getting them redone in a different color leather
Saturday, May 07, 2011 7:23 AM
if you dont end up using the GTO rears can you PLZ get them for me, or tell me where they are at? ive been trying to find a rear gto seat in black for a while now with no luck...as every pair i come accross is either damaged or way too expensive

Saturday, May 07, 2011 8:24 AM
Not to thread jack, but is the GTO or Redline install easier then the SRT4? (IE very little cutting ect) I can deal with a few welds and making brackets.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 8:54 AM
I'll see if i still got the guys number he was in PA if i remember right. I think the ION seats would be the easiest to put in, they are closer in size than the gto and they are still GM unlike SRT but I dont know which is easier.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 9:12 AM
thanks man, i appreciate it. just let me know if you find his number, cus at that price ill buyem , given theyre not too damaged

Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:11 PM
724-366-2984 Edward Huffman, I think he runs a scrap yard so if he doesnt have em he can probably get em
Sunday, May 08, 2011 3:57 PM
OMG wrote:Not to thread jack, but is the GTO or Redline install easier then the SRT4? (IE very little cutting ect) I can deal with a few welds and making brackets.

I would imagine they're about the same. It's just a matter of setting the seats in and seeing what needs to be trimmed and how they can attached. Choose which one you like best and go from there. I chose SRT4 because I like leather and the double fold down option even tho the Redlines look pretty sleek in comparison.

Sunday, May 08, 2011 5:26 PM
thanks man !!

Sunday, May 08, 2011 7:23 PM
I'm going to go with Ion seats. I'm always going on road trips and if i bring other people those cup holders would be incredibly useful. I hate cleaning up spiltd cola
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:12 PM
Do the ion seats fold?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:44 AM
yah they fold down.the split is different tho. The drivers side is bigger then the passenger side.Chicks dig them seats

Saturday, May 14, 2011 12:04 AM
Kyle aka evilcom123 wrote:yah they fold down.the split is different tho. The drivers side is bigger then the passenger side.Chicks dig them seats

right before they remember they're in a cavalier???

Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:37 AM
Most chicks don't think anything of it being a Cavalier. They just think it's cute... Then they wonder how I drive the thing comfortably.
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 10:42 AM
Any body have a set if those ion rears for sale?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search