Led Dome light - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Led Dome light
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:29 PM
Well im not sure if the 95-99 has this problem

on the 00-05 because of the bcm the led stays dim but doesn't drain the battery at all

Well i found these and it fixed my problem when the dome light goes out its not lit or dim at all its completely shut off...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Light-Lamp-Panel-36-SMD-LED-T10-Dome-Bulb-BA15S-Adapter-/270726967720?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0895b1a8

Re: Led Dome light
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:40 PM
GM's "Battery Rundown Protection" will turn them off 20 minutes after the door switch has been triggered.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:47 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:GM's "Battery Rundown Protection" will turn them off 20 minutes after the door switch has been triggered.

oh never knew that

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:03 PM
Yeah I had the same problem when I put led's in ym map lights and dome light, so what I did was bought led's with a very small resistor inside them to emulate a regular 194 or 921 bulb. Worked perfectly.
Basically they stay on or dim because even though they are shut off, they are still getting a very very faint amount of voltage that would not normally illuminate a conventional bulb. However, because led's require so little voltage to illuminate, any voltage left running through the circuit will turn on the led. Slap a small resistor between the power source and the led, and the resistor will use all of that little voltage and the led will stay off.

And even though the battery run down will shut them off, it pissed me off to see my map lights just glowing in the midle of the night and it was anoying to have that small amount of light on my hands when I was driving at night.

BTW, you can get the led's with the resistors in them from superbrightleds.com . Thats where I got mine and that's where I always get my leds.

Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:01 AM
mine fade out then stay very dim lit an go completly out after 20 min never had a problem

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search