98 cavalier z24 cluster - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 cavalier z24 cluster
Friday, April 15, 2011 11:30 AM
About two weeks ago, my left turn signal was having issues.... it would blink rapidly (about 2x its norm) and the actual signal light (not the one next to the headlight) wouldn't blink. It would light up when i turned the lights on but still blink rapidly. I assumed, light going bad, i bought the replacements and the signal began working properly. It has since...

Yesterday I go to start my car and and within 10 seconds, the DRL indicator light blinks and clicks (sounds like a turn signal click) then slows to a blink without clicking. THis is b
efore my ebrake is disengaged (the DRL shouldn't be trying to turn on with the e brake on). My left high beam no longer works. On another note, the fog light on the left side has never worked (replaced bulb and checked connection at light)

Is this bad timing and multiple lights are going out or is it something worse like im thinking. I've heard that the DRL circuit might be bad and that can be easily fixed by replacing the cluster but I would like to avoid unecessary things before spending time and money on it. Feel free to ask me more questions, I tried to be as descriptive as possible and I would definitely appreciate any help. (I installed a new head unit about a year and a half ago, i seriously doubt that has anything to do with it but maybe it does)

If this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry.

98 Z24

Re: 98 cavalier z24 cluster
Friday, April 15, 2011 11:45 PM
Replace your headlight bulbs. And check for any corrosion where the headlight harness grounds out below the battery.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search