Cargo net? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cargo net?
Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:57 PM
I've got stuff rattling all over my trunk, and thought it'd be nice to be able to keep it in place with a cargo net.

I can't seem to find anything online for a GM part number. I have found a few of them on ebay, but none include the clips that I guess go on the screws behind the carpet.

Anybody have a GM part number, or know where I can get one cheap?

Re: Cargo net?
Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:52 PM
junk yard

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:29 PM
The clips you're talking about are actually part of the bolt/screw that hold up the carpet. Every j-body I've ever owned came with them already installed wether it came with a net or not.

Check out THIS ONE HERE
Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:48 AM
Search GMPartsDirect.com...
Look under "Trunk lid/interior trim/cargo net"
$39.96 for the net, and $3.52 for the 4 clips.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:49 AM
It doesn't look like my SF has got the clips there, just some flat discs. And one of those is missing lol.

I'm going to try a couple junkyards before I order anything. The price at GMPartsdirect was like 39.96 for the net and 3.52 for the clips. Unforunately they want $13 to ship the net and another 5 for the clips. Crazy!
Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:25 PM
Junkyard and cargo pants, what? :p

Yeah, they're not hard to find. My 04 was a complete base model and did NOT have the hooks, clip in threads or the net. A little working around and now I have all of the above. Just need to poke a couple holes and get them installed
Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:50 PM
I managed to get the net cheap off ebay, but without the clips.

I looked at gmpartsdirect.com again and see the clips are 3.45 *each* in a bag of 5, so 17.25 all together, plus 12.95 for shipping. Easiest to go to the junkyard for those I guess. Are they easy to remove or do they tend to break? Would I be better just getting new ones?
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:33 AM
they be bolts that twist out so no they dont easily break and you shoulda posted this like a month ago i had a spare net just sitting in my closet and woulda sold it to ya for 5 bucks lol

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:32 AM
Just my luck!
Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:20 PM
I got my net for free from a friend. as for the clips, i just used my stockers that didn't have the hooks. worked fine.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:35 PM
I stopped over at the junk yard yesterday and got the clips. Cost me $2 to get in there. When I went to the counter to pay for the parts, the lady just waved me on. Guess they weren't too concerned about the price of them!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search