interior paint. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
interior paint.
Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:05 PM
This is actually my first post! pretty exciting. but anyway, i just had my shoulder operated on so i have a lot of down time because i cant drive. i just started following the wonderful guide on how to paint my interior. i was hoping that maybe a few people could put up some pictures of there interior for some inspiration and maybe some new ideas. i also want to get new door speakers and mount them in the door panel so you can see them, but im not sure how. so any suggestions with that would be great. thanks so much

Re: interior paint.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:59 PM
I'm also new-ish. And the first thing I did was the interior paint lol.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:29 PM
convention of the newbies.

seriously though painting the interior is almost a rite of passage. then you'll realize how @!#$ stupid it was and go back to an all stock charcoal.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:32 PM
blucavvy wrote:seriously though painting the interior is almost a rite of passage. then you'll realize how @!#$ stupid it was and go back to an all stock charcoal.

Truth.

I'm still tracking down parts to take mine back to stock.

Just need door panels now

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:03 PM
yup mines all charcoal with a black headliner and visors. very dark but better than the stock tan headliner and visors.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:06 PM
Charcoal interiors ftw

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:46 PM
Is it noobish to 2 tone your tan interior to charcoal/tan ?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:33 AM
guess im a noobie cause i still like my painted interior. its all in how you do it. if you want to do it great. just take your time and do a good job of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:19 AM
i was simply referring to spray painted vents. obviously your interior is a work of art.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:51 AM
if your gonna do it do, it right, further more do it tastefully. don't just go spraying all the vents and door panels. sit in your car or look at it or other cars who don't look like they stole the car and painted the interior to through people off the trail. the dash piece and an accent usually is a good place to start....and stop in my option, but to each there own.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:56 AM
It all comes down to opinions. If you wanna do it the cheap way and sproose up your stock interior with a little spray bomb, giver. Rock What You Wanna Rock

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:03 PM
Here are some of mine...

I am putting everything except the dash and ring around shifter back to stock though.
Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:41 AM
why? it looks hella tight
Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:03 AM
chris smith wrote:why? it looks hella tight

Do you realize how retarded you sound when you say things like that?

I have my dash bezel painted, semi flat black, and my center console painted, same semiflat black. Thats about it.

Heres one from my manual trans conversion

and one from the first morning with the turbo

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:09 PM

Very vibrant

Monday, April 25, 2011 1:07 PM
I just wanted something different from charcoal so i had a can of grey paint, so heres my door and i took the piece around my cd player and thermostat and painted it too but i gots no pics of that

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:24 PM
See, I think if the interior is painted right, it can be good. I just picked up a charcoal dash board. Thats gonna be painted all black, same with the door panels and the rear interior panels, the front piece around the cluster/radio will be white, along with the side vents. The inserts in my door panels are white so those will stay. I think if done all right at once (not just the parts that can be pulled off easily and the WHOLE dash done) it can come out right. But only things that wont be painted are the actual vents since those will come out all screwed up. But its all in opinion, and I like it that way. I just hate seeing a few pieces painted, and not the bottom of the dash and the actual piece under the windsheild (since mine is all cracked up and im going to replace the whole thing from the ugly brown/beige dash to the dark charcoal) or the part near your knees. Again, when mine gets done, it will be done 100%, not just bits and pieces.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search