Steering wheel/Air bags - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Steering wheel/Air bags
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:52 AM
So a while ago I got into a wreck which caused my airbags to deploy. I have recently got almost all of the things that I need to get all of my airbags back up and running. However, on my steering wheel right above the airbag on the column that piece of plastic cracked. Not the part that has the hazard lights switch, but on the actual wheel. Will I need to replace the whole wheel, or will I be able to get that piece of plastic off of a junker car? And yes, I went through as many interior forums on here as possible and have not found my answer. I already have the new airbag parts (both bags, new passenger side dash cover, control module, front inertia sensor, clock spring, and will inspect the wiring)

Thanks

Re: Steering wheel/Air bags
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:03 AM
It can be swapped. You will see how on the inside. And yes a junkyard should have this plastic piece. lol. Did your windshield survive?

Re: Steering wheel/Air bags
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:00 AM
Heck no. Where it hit there was spider cracks the size of a basketball, and then a couple long ones that went across. This happened a while ago tho so I already have the glass and exterior fixed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search