Shift Indicator - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shift Indicator
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:23 PM
04 Cav. Does the indicator light up?

Re: Shift Indicator
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:44 PM
its supposed to give it a good smack and it should light up again
Thursday, January 06, 2011 6:29 AM
Remember-- only in a manual.
No throwing gears!!!

Friday, January 07, 2011 10:15 AM
If it fails to light up use the other one. It's the tach.

Friday, January 07, 2011 6:32 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:If it fails to light up use the other one. It's the tach.

I hate those idiot lights so i would recommend this!

Friday, January 07, 2011 7:56 PM
It's nice not having that little arrow telling when to shift for the best fuel economy.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, January 07, 2011 8:00 PM
There is no other indicator in the tach. It was in my 98 but not in the 04.
Friday, January 07, 2011 8:11 PM
Suaveat69 wrote:There is no other indicator in the tach. It was in my 98 but not in the 04.

All he was saying is that you dont really need that light, if you watch your tach and pick an rpm that you want to shift at depending on your driving style you will be fine.

Friday, January 07, 2011 10:16 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:If it fails to light up use the other one. It's the tach.

lmao
Saturday, January 08, 2011 6:56 AM
lmfao. or just listen to your engine.

"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:57 AM
Victor Foster wrote:
Suaveat69 wrote:There is no other indicator in the tach. It was in my 98 but not in the 04.

All he was saying is that you dont really need that light, if you watch your tach and pick an rpm that you want to shift at depending on your driving style you will be fine.

Just drive...why is it so hard for everyone, i see people who dont shift until exactly 3000 every gear....just drive, theres no need for tach or shift light unless racing

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:15 AM
That little arrow is retarded. I don't pay attention to it... Once it told me to shift up, while I was in 5th, I lost any hope it had any idea what It was doing.
95LsCoupe wrote:
Victor Foster wrote:

Just drive...why is it so hard for everyone, i see people who dont shift until exactly 3000 every gear....just drive, theres no need for tach or shift light unless racing

People actually do that?

I hate when I'm driving with someone that's not very good with driving a standard. I'm not the perfect driver by any means (who is?), but I can drive a standard very well... and I see people do the weirdest things when they drive.. Like riding the clutch or driving the car very "mechanically", not just feeling it & driving it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:18 AM

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:47 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
Victor Foster wrote:

I agree with you completely i hardly ever look at the tach when im driving, but i figured since he posted wanting to know if there was a shift light mabye he wasnt good at driving standard and didnt have the much experience yet so mabye that would help to get started by shifting at a set rpm

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:53 PM
if auto, it should light up the letters and numbers on the left, if not, that cover comes out and there is a bulb under it.

if manual and you are talking about the arrow, then yes it will light up eventually.

and jazer i can get mine to come on revving the car in neutral

Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:24 AM
yeah its good for reminding you to drive conservatively if you wanna keep good fuel mileage. But eventually modding your car will surpass the purpose of efficiency, for performance.
redcavi2002, thats a sweet looking cav! Is your hood functional?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:08 AM
I'm so happy Canadian Models did not come with the shift indicator. I've only ever driven in one vehicle that had the little annoying arrow and I couldn't stand it telling me how to drive.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:11 AM
I hardly ever look at my tach. The only time I used to pay attention to it was when I was spraying and that is only cause limiter = boom. To be perfectly honest mine is useless now since the lightened flywheel and clutch up grade. It appears my tach is to slow by about 200 - 300 rpm. No biggie, but people who drive stick should not have to have a light to tell them how to get better mpg and shouldn't have to even have a tach to drive stick. I guess it's nice to have the options but definitely shouldn't have to have either one unless racing etc..

Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:58 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:That little arrow is retarded. I don't pay attention to it... Once it told me to shift up, while I was in 5th, I lost any hope it had any idea what It was doing.
hey, it was probably just having a bad day lol, I dont know why but I love that post, its the way you word it

Friday, May 06, 2011 4:06 AM
Peeves wrote:I'm so happy Canadian Models did not come with the shift indicator. I've only ever driven in one vehicle that had the little annoying arrow and I couldn't stand it telling me how to drive.

mine is a canadian model and has a shift light...
Friday, May 06, 2011 2:54 PM
If it is a 2000+ j, all you have to do is with a tech 2 tell the bcm it is in mexico and you can turn off the shift light and drls.

Monday, May 09, 2011 1:23 PM
I'm assuming he means the PRND321 by the auto shifter, and yes it should light up IIRC.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search