steering wheels?! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
steering wheels?!
Monday, May 23, 2011 6:14 AM
oooh! i was hoping to get a thread where we all post our custom steering wheel setups! Thought it would be a neat idea... i'll post mine once my steering wheel gets here!

Re: steering wheels?!
Monday, May 23, 2011 1:45 PM
Ill post my quick connect for you buddy!!

Monday, May 23, 2011 2:02 PM

Monday, May 23, 2011 6:47 PM
haha do it jason! Sweet ride mike!
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:45 PM

Friday, May 27, 2011 9:59 PM
This totally sucks... looks like it's going to take longer for me to put my pic up of my steering wheel setup, the ebay company i ordered my steering wheel from took my money 8 days ago, and still haven't shipped my steering wheel or replied to my messages. That's stupid.
Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:52 PM
this is my wheel that just showed up

and the momo hub will be arriving soon thanks to jason ^_^
Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:20 PM

momo drifting steering wheel, with momo nero shift knob

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:29 PM
When you change your steering wheel and remove the airbag does the light show up in the cluster?
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:33 PM
yes it does.

Next year 155 DB
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:36 PM
Spitfire wrote:yes it does.

what can i do to turn it off?

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 8:26 AM
from what i've been told you have to take apart the dash and remove the light from behind the dash.

Next year 155 DB
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 9:57 AM
Put a resistor in line where the airbag hooked up. I forget the value of the resistor, but then there will be no need to pull out lights.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:45 PM

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 5:27 PM
got my hub today!! about half an hour later i had the wheel on

i love it.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:57 PM
what hub did you guys use
Friday, June 03, 2011 3:08 PM
momo hub.... it will fit any 6 bolt aftermarket steering wheel

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:29 PM
Mike wrote:Put a resistor in line where the airbag hooked up. I forget the value of the resistor, but then there will be no need to pull out lights.

lol, i should slap myself, so i read this and was like "ima do this when i get home, but what if the airbag went off caus i did it wrong??" yep, the removed airbag is so gonna go off in my face. just another of my dull moments

Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:44 AM
I just did mine on friday, I'll post pictures up tomorrow.

NRG Set-up: srk-170h short hub adaptor, purple gen 2.5 quick release, momo mod 07 leather steering wheel.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:03 PM
My airbag in my 199 sunfire gt has been deplyed and the factory steering wheel has stiches in it now. i wanted to put a aftermarket steering wheel but i thought it would look weird cause of the big steering colums that newer cars have,cause of the airbags.what do you guys think.Do you think anyone would talk @!#$ about it cause of that?
Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:16 AM
people who talk @!#$ talk @!#$ regardless of how good or bad something looks. build your car for yourself and who cares what anyone else says.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Friday, July 01, 2011 11:15 AM
yea.I will probally buy one eventually.Dot have alot of money so i am gonna tryto get a really cheapone that looks cool though.Might hit upthe junkyard soon.bad thing about that is if icant find one thats on a sunfire they might not fit.So what exactlyis the whole deal on that.So far fromwhat i heard i need a huborsome kind of adapter or something.socananyone tellme where somecheapwheelsandadapters and everything ineed isandhowmuch?
thanks.
Friday, July 01, 2011 11:17 AM
Right now I got a bare metal framed Cavalier steering wheel, when the airbag went off when my wife wrecked I stripped it for "weight reduction" hah

Just need a hub for this;

Friday, July 01, 2011 8:31 PM
Josh Watson wrote:Right now I got a bare metal framed Cavalier steering wheel, when the airbag went off when my wife wrecked I stripped it for "weight reduction" hah

momo or sparco hub will fit for that. nice looking wheel though, i like it

Next year 155 DB
Saturday, July 02, 2011 3:42 PM
Spitfire wrote:
Josh Watson wrote:Right now I got a bare metal framed Cavalier steering wheel, when the airbag went off when my wife wrecked I stripped it for "weight reduction" hah

momo or sparco hub will fit for that. nice looking wheel though, i like it

So if you were going to sell that steering wheelhow much would you sell it for.Any chance that it will be under 100 dollars?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search