Water on the floor board???? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Water on the floor board????
Monday, March 07, 2011 9:50 PM
I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire that I bought recently and last week I noticed that after it rains... I get water on the floor board. I pulled the carpet and the other day when it rained there was NO water on the floor board but when drove it and stopped the water started flowing out. It seems rain water is sitting somewhere and not draining out. What do I need to do?

Re: Water on the floor board????
Monday, March 07, 2011 10:41 PM
Artie Harris wrote:I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire that I bought recently and last week I noticed that after it rains... I get water on the floor board. I pulled the carpet and the other day when it rained there was NO water on the floor board but when drove it and stopped the water started flowing out. It seems rain water is sitting somewhere and not draining out. What do I need to do?

Find out where it's coming in.

but in reality, we need more details...i dont understand...when you say floor board, you mean the drivers spot to put his feet?

if so than what youre saying is when it rains, there is no puddle....but when you stop( shaking the car foreward bringing loose things foreward) water flows to the floor by your feet??
if so, that means water is coming in from the back somewhere....it wouldnt really be your trunk because the water in trunk would fill the spare tire and even if that filled, it would have to soak your rear seats to come into the cabin part of the car...2 door or 4 door?

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:42 AM
Ok I left out some other details. Its on the passenger side and I was thinking that the water is coming through the air box or something. This car had been sitting for three year before I bought it... body is in great condition but the carpet was a mess so I pulled it. When I got the carpet out I noticed the floor board on the front passenger side had water standing there. I had to get a big towel to soak it all up. BTW its not anti-freeze.

I ordered new carpet so I'm driving it without carpet. We had a heavy rain so when I got in the car I checked the floor and it was dry but when I drove to the stop sign and stopped...water came rolling from under the front passenger side from the air box area. I was wondering if the windshield was leaking or there was some sort of drain that could be stopped up.
Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:45 PM
do you has a sunroof?

Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:10 PM
we had a coupe that had a sunroof and inside the area where it sat tree grim built up causing the drains to clog and it rolled down the headliner and out getting everything wet. Also check if the wiper cowl is clogged up woth leaves and stuff. the drains are on each corner side. if the cowl is clogged then the water will back up into the vent system located under the cowl. comes in thru the blower and onto the floor. these would be my two choices. also run the thing thru the car wash to simulate rain lol.,

Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:42 PM
No Sunroof...

Ran water on the car today and looks like I may have a leak either on the front passenger side of the windshield or water is coming in where the wire loom for the door goes out into the door. You know the rubber grommet around wires between the door and the fender.
Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:19 PM
I had a similar problem on my 04 Cav. It turned out the trunk was leaking. The water collected in the spare tire area and would slosh around when I drove. This was just after I got the car new.... I guess someone was drunk on the assembly line. The dealer resealed the trunk and it's been fine ever since.
Monday, May 09, 2011 10:54 AM
Check your Heater core/ AC overflow hose. It might be plugged with road debris. Had this happen twice now in my 2000 Sunfire; the condensation drips directly onto the passenger floorboard from the floor vents.

I'll eventually take the time to put something here. I swear.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:04 AM
Loy wrote:Check your Heater core/ AC overflow hose. It might be plugged with road debris. Had this happen twice now in my 2000 Sunfire; the condensation drips directly onto the passenger floorboard from the floor vents.

id look at the heater core as well. when they go they will leak on your passenger floor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:51 AM
if the previous owner, or you, had subs in it they most likely ran the power supply through the firewall, didnt leak but when they wouldve removed the subs they would have most liley just pulled the wire out and never filled the hole, ive noticed this is a common mistake

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:26 PM
happoshaun wrote:I had a similar problem on my 04 Cav. It turned out the trunk was leaking. The water collected in the spare tire area and would slosh around when I drove. This was just after I got the car new.... I guess someone was drunk on the assembly line. The dealer resealed the trunk and it's been fine ever since.

Same thing happened to mine...I couldn't figure out why my car stunk...finally figured out why

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search