cruise control relocate? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cruise control relocate?
Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:49 PM
not sure where to put this so if someone can put it in the right spot if im in the wrong place please do........

i have a 99 sunfire with the 2200 can anyone tell me how to relocate the cruise control under that black thing where the wipers are?? not sure what thats called, thanks!!

Re: cruise control relocate?
Friday, July 29, 2011 9:04 AM
wiper cowl is what it's called, just remove the cowl, (pita) unbolt and unplug the cc, put it in the cowl, run the wires thru the small grommet on the firewall. plug it back in, reinstall the cowl, done.

or just remove the cc all together

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:16 AM
i drive to much on the interstate to not keep the cc lol....... stupid question, how do you unhook the cable going to the throttle?
Friday, July 29, 2011 9:56 PM
DaDdYoF2LiLgUyS wrote:i drive to much on the interstate to not keep the cc lol....... stupid question, how do you unhook the cable going to the throttle?

has a small clip to keep it in place on the throttle, pull clip then it comes off, FYI its a very small clip which means it can be easily lost like i almost did! lol

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:56 PM
Do you unhook the cc where it connects to the throttles body? or where it connects to the cc module thing?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:27 PM
if you put it in the cowl (or hell pretty much anywhere else for that matter) your going to need a longer cable.

the only place you can put it in the cowl (without deleting the wipers) is basically near the HVAC vent door.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, May 18, 2012 6:15 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:if you put it in the cowl (or hell pretty much anywhere else for that matter) your going to need a longer cable.

the only place you can put it in the cowl (without deleting the wipers) is basically near the HVAC vent door.

This. I needed a longer cable to relocate mine. So I just took it out.

But you would disconnect it from the Throttle body, I believe.

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search