cobalt rear seat how-to (basic) - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: cobalt rear seat how-to (basic)
Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:39 PM
Man that looks sweet!

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:50 PM
Wow will love to have those seats i my 1996 Coupe. Nice work man!!!!

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/653/2569/39131284001_medium.jpg
Born to race, But raise to win!!!
Friday, August 19, 2011 9:13 PM
looks great man.... i just never could wrap myself around how it didnt cover the rear deck. i always wanted the cobalt stuff and had it all purchased at one time but ended up selling because things just didnt look right to me.

urs looks great though, man. i think id rather see a cruze wheel in there versus that balt wheel but lol it does look better than the 03-05 wheel thats for damn sure.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:45 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:
yeahidriveacavalier wrote:nice work looks great, does any one know if theirs been a cavalier with bucket seats in the back? the cobalt rear looks sexy!

Ya mine use to, that is when ian lacey owned it.

Mike Jazz had buckets in the rear of his as well..... I believe a set of racing seats.

Looks good PJ!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:05 PM
no that wasnt sarcasm, and yes i wasnt familiar with the newer seats. i didnt know what you were talking about at the time but i believe your talking about the top half of the seat being split in two??? cus mines all one piece. sorry if it came accross wrong.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:09 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:no that wasnt sarcasm, and yes i wasnt familiar with the newer seats. i didnt know what you were talking about at the time but i believe your talking about the top half of the seat being split in two??? cus mines all one piece. sorry if it came accross wrong.

lol its all good man. i'm on the .org, I expect people to be a smart ass all the time but I wasn't sure. but yea, the 60/40 split refers to the seat back being seperate.

100 would be the whole seat one piece, 50/50 is half n half equally spaced. the new thing now is 40/60 and 60/40... I guess you could call it 60/40 and just say which side has the larger proportion of the seat, but all I was trying to say was its the opposite from the 03-05 jbody to the cobalt.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:33 PM
Excellent job! please tell me about the front seats.. any modifications needed to swap em?

Monday, September 26, 2011 10:34 AM
steven burton wrote:Excellent job! please tell me about the front seats.. any modifications needed to swap em?

yea, for the front seat, the inner rail of both seats needs to be brought in about 1.5"-2". you also need to make an adapter brackets to hold the seat in to the frame of the car.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:15 AM
lol i'm waiting for the post to say I fell in love with a cobalt so i bought one ]:->

Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:22 PM
Kooter Kicker wrote:lol i'm waiting for the post to say I fell in love with a cobalt so i bought one ]:->

I like Jbodies better, but the delta seats/ steering wheel are way nicer.. and are a subtle but huge improvement over the stock Jbody seats and steering wheel

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search