reverse lights inop - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
reverse lights inop
Thursday, November 03, 2011 11:15 PM
What's up people?? I've got a 2002 cavy 5 speed manual and have an issue with my reverse lights not working. I've already replaced the backup lamp switch on the transmission housing. And was wondering if there was some kind of switch inside the center console when you throw it into reverse it triggers the reverse lights to come on? Or if there is anything else that i can check other than a blown fuse. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: reverse lights inop
Friday, November 04, 2011 8:35 AM
Pull the connector off the switch on the transmission and jump it with a wire, this will take the switch out of the equation, weather or not it was replaced, could be bad. Then check for power to the switch with the key on, if you have power to the switch, it should put power to the lights right? If not the power source for the switch has failed/become disconnected/ etc.. you could try putting power through the plug for the switch to see if your reverse lights come on that way. As far as I know there are no other switches for the reverse light other than the transmission.
Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:09 PM
maybe this will help you. its a quick write up i did for my reverse switch replacement. VERY easy and VERY quick. You're talkin $26'ish at any auto store.
http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?16238-How-To-replace-your-reverse-backup-light-switch

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:10 PM
sh!t nm, you already did that sorry

i dont know about fuses, but thats my next guess is there should be some info on which fuses are for what...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search