B&M shifter drop? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M shifter drop?
Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:27 AM
Anyone know the height drop fro a stock shifter to the B&M short throw shifter?
I cannot find the answer anywhere, I need to know because I wanna get a new boot for the shifter when i swap shifters in my cav's.
Thanks!

Re: B&M shifter drop?
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:51 PM
Also looking to order new boot and need to know this info too. Waiting on answer.
Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:56 PM
It's like a 3" difference in length. A stock sized boot looks and work just fine with the short throw. I am using a stock one with mine with no issues.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, November 18, 2011 4:39 PM
I disagree with the stock boot working fine. Because of the excess material it usually get caught and torn in the shifter. I'm on my 2 or 3 stock boot.

never really found a aftermarket replacement I liked.

FU Tuning

Friday, November 18, 2011 4:48 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I disagree with the stock boot working fine. Because of the excess material it usually get caught and torn in the shifter. I'm on my 2 or 3 stock boot.

Check out CosmoRacing

The short shifter I got there was great. Just needed a slight modification to the plastic piece at the base of the boot. (Otherwise it will rub when going into 1st gear)

After the slight modification, it works flawlessly. It comes with the reverse lock function, but I just shaved it off.

I can't remember my measurement for drop, but, when you rip the E brake, the top of the shifter sits lower than the top of the E brake boot.

Friday, November 25, 2011 7:46 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:I disagree with the stock boot working fine. Because of the excess material it usually get caught and torn in the shifter. I'm on my 2 or 3 stock boot.

Maybe I havent driven my car enough to rip the boot up yet. Ive had the getrag and short throw in the car for a little over a year now, driven maybe 2000 miles.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search