Steering Column Light????? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Steering Column Light?????
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:55 PM
So i've had the car for about 2 years now, and have always had this led blinking on the top of the steering column without any problems. I was wondering if anybody here knows what this is? I have also found a toggle switch underneath the dash that goes to the fuel pump relay to disable it (not sure why) along with a black box zip tied underneath. My only thought is that it might be a remote start or security system, but I havent found a siren, and the previous owner knows nothing about it other than it always blinks. Any ideas?

Re: Steering Column Light?????
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:01 PM

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:06 PM
most likely a security system.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:37 AM
Trace the wires, find out where it goes?

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:53 AM
Midnight Murder (Blu Carbon) wrote:most likely a security system.

x2, that would also be why there is a toggle switch to disable the fuel pump...some lower end systems use that method
Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:54 PM
i know mine does lol

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:48 PM
Bringing back an old post

There is a sticker on the box that say technicentre plus 2200 0698. still don't know what this is.

Friday, December 16, 2011 11:39 AM
probably part of some security system, as stated before. I'm guessing there is more electronics tied up under the dash somewhere. Have you noticed, are there any push switches on the trunk lid or hood? they would be mounted down around the drip tray, and get pushed with the trunk lid. That could help determine weather or not you have a system in there, or how much of a system. my friend owned his grand am for 2.5 years before he found out he had a security system, just didn't have the clickers for it. he found out the hard way, battery went to junk and reset the system, he couldn't de activate it.
Friday, December 16, 2011 3:13 PM
Well my friend had this on his expidition. since he had no credit n such the dealership selling the car installed a system that when he failled to pay on time they would remotely disable the vehicle and also could track it for repo. this could we be a former bad credit sold car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search