After market gauges - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: After market gauges
Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:19 PM
i really like those gauges

Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:15 AM
same here i really want to do it. I think Ill do it in february when i get bored
Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:24 AM
Jack Fleming wrote:what is the big bright yellow and red lights on the top of the gauges? And what did you have to solder the led for?

the orange led is check engine, the 3 red led on top are ebrake, volts, coolant, the green led on right side is drl, i have turn signals and high beam integrated into the speedo.

here is a pics of what i had to solder on the circuit board:

Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:53 PM
Those are beautiful. I would be willing to say there is more work in those gauges then I have in my entire interior. Keep up the good work!

----

Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:51 PM
thanx. i have alot of work into my interior too. when its done i will post pics. probably next summer since now its stored for winter.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:37 PM
What was the price range for that setup? Obviously, being patient enough to do the work is priceless, but as for the actual gauges?

----

Sunday, November 28, 2010 6:02 PM
they cost me around 600-650$us for the 4. i waited for a special to come. they have one right now 20% off.

Friday, December 31, 2010 7:15 AM
i really want that gauge setup,

Monday, January 03, 2011 7:32 PM
that setup is beast, a write up would be much apreciated. would it be possible on a 03 cluster?

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:25 AM
actually the 99 and under are the easiest to wire in. most of the wiring can all be pulled off the stock cluster harness. 00 and up you have to search and hunt down each wire. allot more of a pain in th eass. 00 and up do not need the stock cluster left in the car. mines sitting in my attic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, January 06, 2011 1:05 PM
sndsgood wrote:actually the 99 and under are the easiest to wire in. most of the wiring can all be pulled off the stock cluster harness. 00 and up you have to search and hunt down each wire. allot more of a pain in th eass. 00 and up do not need the stock cluster left in the car. mines sitting in my attic.

Sounds interesting. I would have thought the 95-99 gauges would be easier since they have the mechanical odometer and the other years with the computer controlled odometer. BTW sndsgood, how did you set up your Dakota gauges? Ive always wanted a set of those for my 97 cavy.

Thursday, January 06, 2011 1:11 PM
Magik1109 wrote:
Jack Fleming wrote:what is the big bright yellow and red lights on the top of the gauges? And what did you have to solder the led for?

the orange led is check engine, the 3 red led on top are ebrake, volts, coolant, the green led on right side is drl, i have turn signals and high beam integrated into the speedo.

here is a pics of what i had to solder on the circuit board:

Talk about "spaghetti" on a board. Looks good with the soldiering.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:52 AM
Be carefull if you have Anti theft. It's built into the cluster.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:15 PM
I have a cluster that fits into the factory custom made out of fiberglass and painted to match the factory color.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search