Window channel - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Window channel
Monday, January 30, 2012 5:39 PM
I can't really find much on this topic.
And I can't really find what I'm looking for in general. AND YES I have tried google.

I'm trying to find something on a window channel
The seal/channel that your window slides up and down in I think that's what it's called.
I read somewhere that it had to be bought from a dealer ship for another vehicle that's not a cavalier.
But I was curious if anyone knew of an aftermarket replacement or do I have to buy from GM?

When I'm driving I can hear air leaking in. It doesn't leak water... yet
I can put my hand up against the window and the seal and the sound stops.
So... Is there any.... creative way I can fix this. Or do I need to go to GM to buy the seals....

Re: Window channel
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:56 PM
youre talking about the weatherstripping that goes in the door frame. pretty sure theres at least one company that makes them but i dont have a link and cant remember the name right now. but the wind noise is caused by the plastic b pillar cover breaking IIRC. go to a junkyard and you can get both. in fact, to get the stripping off you have to remove the pillar cover, but its only 3 screws so its easy. find one that has all 3 tabs intact and swap it over and see if that fixes your problem.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:59 PM
Alright yeah.. I looked today and all three tabs are broken on BOTH of my B pillers haha.
I'm going to call around tomorrow and hopefully I can find one or two!! Gonna have to paint them black to match the car somewhat though, Mine are painted to match.
Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:52 AM
HOLY CRAP! i just want to thank you both. now i know why there is so much wind noise when im driving, i checked mine and the top two tabs were broken i didnt realize it was such an easy fix. Going to the salvage yard tomorrow to hopefully grab one thats not broken.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search