Painting the Dash Bezel - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting the Dash Bezel
Monday, April 02, 2012 1:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm considering painting the bezel that goes around the gauge cluster and the HVAC/stereo. Do you guys think Ultra Silver (my car's color, code 8867) would look good?

Any feedback is appreciated. I know black and white and crazy colors have been done but I haven't seen any silver.

Re: Painting the Dash Bezel
Friday, April 06, 2012 12:35 PM
I'll be doing the same soon, same color too but yes if done right should look mint, either way it's better than stock look

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:07 PM
I wasn't really paying attention when I tore my dash apart last, does the plate with the dimmer switch pop right out of the bezel or am I going to need to tape it off? Same with the accessory outlet.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:45 PM
they both pop off, you just have to be very careful not to break the tabs

Modding my j since I found the org
Friday, April 13, 2012 6:14 AM
Alright, thanks.

Friday, April 13, 2012 1:09 PM
i always thought that piece, body color looks nice. and yea i have popped mine in and out countless times on my 05. no problems.

Friday, April 13, 2012 11:16 PM
Go for it i think it would look sweet..ima about ro repaint my sunfire interior matte silver....buts its also going to match my car after i finally get to paint it

Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:19 PM
So I painted it and got it in. I'm going to have to redo it again at one point though. I took a couple shortcuts during the prep work and it shows. Oh well, live and learn. It looks pretty nice and I feel like I have way more interior space now because of the color contrast lol.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:11 PM
its about prep and finishing steps as well as applying the finish. prep isnt really hard, if you want the " smooth look it takes more elbow grease and more steps but as far as just painting it, its just 320, clean, adhesive promoter, prime, paint, clear, wait time, compound, polish, wax. install carefully. to get it smooth I start with 60 grit and work up to 400 grit before cleaning and adhesive promoter etc.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:41 PM
DJ Beefy wrote:its about prep and finishing steps as well as applying the finish. prep isnt really hard, if you want the " smooth look it takes more elbow grease and more steps but as far as just painting it, its just 320, clean, adhesive promoter, prime, paint, clear, wait time, compound, polish, wax. install carefully. to get it smooth I start with 60 grit and work up to 400 grit before cleaning and adhesive promoter etc.

Yeah I got a bit lazy with the sanding. I was grinding it down with 60 grit and went to 100 and since it had taken so long and I had no 320 grit I went to priming and it shows. It's not the smoothest in some places and you can see some scratches.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search