topper pad - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
topper pad
Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:52 PM
Did a search couldent find what I'm looking for, I'm going to disable my drl's and whant to know how to remove my topper pad to get at the wire, I'm sure its easy just would rather know what I'm doing before I do it. Thanks in advance

Re: topper pad
Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:40 PM
Not exactly sure hat a topper pad is but I believe to get to the wires needed to do the drl disable you need to remove your steering column cover.

I believe its 3 screws on the bottom of the steering column cover and then it just snaps apart. To get the bottom off you have to unscrew the tilt lever and wiggle the cover off.
Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:09 PM
Pull end caps off ull see 7mm screws. remove defrost vent some under there. open glove box also in there as well as a sqaure hole ull see two gold ones holding airbag cover down. then the part above gauges just clips in.

Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:29 PM
Philly D wrote:Not exactly sure hat a topper pad is

Topper pad = dash pad

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:31 PM
I was just calling it what they called it in the drl sticky ahaha, my car is a 97 fire and to do the disable all I have to do is remove the stering colum cover to get to the wires? The pic in the sticky dosent really show where its at
Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:56 PM
Tyler Mclean wrote:I was just calling it what they called it in the drl sticky ahaha, my car is a 97 fire and to do the disable all I have to do is remove the stering colum cover to get to the wires? The pic in the sticky dosent really show where its at

If I remember correctly from years ago when I disabled the DRLs on my mom's 1998 Sunfire SE Sedan, you do need to remove the dash pad to get to the wire. I believe the wire is behind the gauge cluster on 1995-1999 Sunfires anyway.

Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:34 PM
Quote:

if I remember correctly from years ago when I disabled the DRLs on my mom's 1998 Sunfire SE Sedan, you do need to remove the dash pad to get to the wire. I believe the wire is behind the gauge cluster on 1995-1999 Sunfires anyway.

Thanks , also does anyone know if the dash pad out of the 03+ with fit in a 97 I know they fit in 00-02
Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:03 PM
Yes they will...I had done that swap on my 99
Monday, May 14, 2012 5:44 AM
Great, I'm gonna do the disable and pad swap today, thanks for the info guys
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:38 AM
Philly D wrote:Yes they will...I had done that swap on my 99
. Do I need the airducks to? Or wiill the ones I have work fine
Saturday, May 19, 2012 3:31 PM
Tyler Mclean wrote:Do I need the airducks to? Or wiill the ones I have work fine

The ones you have will work, but if you have the chance to get the 2003-2005 ducts, go ahead and grab them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search