who has done a rear seat delete - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
who has done a rear seat delete
Saturday, July 07, 2012 10:28 AM
Looking for some ideas my sunfire is getting converted into a summer only car since I got a Dd and I am gonna be taking out the rear seats I wanna make a amp rack and battery rack for 2 batteries and see what u guys may have come up with what has me a lil confused about it is the back seat itself cause it does not have any real flat surface and the gas tank is right their....

Re: who has done a rear seat delete
Saturday, July 07, 2012 12:07 PM
Do a quick search, I know that I saw a thread about it a little while back. There are at least 3 people on here that I know of that have done a rear seat delete.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:21 PM
RK Sport had a drop in delete for something like 4 subs and an amp or 2.

Error: Sig not found.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 2:12 PM
What I mainly wanna see is where the old seat clipped to the bottom of the seat I would like to see what people have come up with to make it look clean as to the transition from the floor to the enclosure what i woukd like to do instead of moving my battey to the trunk move it to the back seat along with the one I have in the trunk and make a amp rack....
Monday, July 09, 2012 6:06 AM
i had a few different rear seat delete setups. first one was a plain flat surface with amps mounted to it. the second time i made a "wall" box that replaced the back seat and it was the same basic shape as the back seat with an amp rack on the bottom that was the basic shape as the stock lower portion of the seat.

third was my full fuberglass sub box moulded into the seat wells. you can probably search out my old pics somewhere

Monday, July 09, 2012 6:15 PM
I'm in the middle of my delete, not going to finish it until I'm on coilovers and have a rear strut bar, and my current plan is to make a flat wall where the opening is and carpet the whole thing. I don't think I want to display any of my audio equipment as of now. As this progresses I can get pictures for you.
Monday, July 09, 2012 7:13 PM
Yeah if u could and maybe I will try and draw up a diagram of what I kinda wanna do to enclose some of the things ...
Monday, July 09, 2012 9:03 PM
Okay, I'm ordering the rear brace this Saturday, once I get that I'm going to pull out the backs to the seats and start drawing up some plans. (the seat backs are all that's left in there lol) And from there I'll post here about what happens.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:14 PM
Ok man yeah I am gonna start taking everything apart myself the bottom of the seat is already out...
Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:56 PM
Just want to give you a quick update,
Everything is pulled out at this point, but I've been in and out of the hospital for the last month, they finally figured out that I needed my appendix taken out and I'm just about all done with the recovery from that. I'm going to grab the materials later this week, and hopefully get to work on it the following week.
Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:40 PM
Cool I have made about the same process I have the back seats removed and just getting the finals steps figured out and materials to get it started...

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:45 PM
This is how my rear currently sits. Not happy with the carpet but it's just a temp fix so you can't see the red paint down there.

http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/pryan11/media/IMAG00831.jpg.html
Friday, December 14, 2012 7:36 AM
i have yet to see someone delete their rear seat where it doesnt look like they "deleted their rear seat"
Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:19 PM
The way i am planning mine out is i am doing a battery relocation to the rear seat i also jave a second battery that will be used cause of my stereo system 2 amps a crossover and a cap are all being placed their so that the batteries will be easy accessable where the battery was a am gonna have jump posts like they have in a cobalt just in case so to speak, i wanna come up with something a little more clever so i have room still left in my trunk and so i have room for when i install the supercharger under the hood as well.
Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:35 PM
So i have started to work on my back seat delete since its starting to get warm again i am starting to cut the base for my platform where i will be making the battery trays and coming u with a over all layout on how everything will be layed out once i get the base in iwill snap a few pics and post them up then i am hoping in the next few weeks i will have fleece and some fiberglass layed down to make it all come together....
Friday, March 29, 2013 5:13 AM
Corey I believe mine doesn't look like their use to be a seat

Friday, March 29, 2013 10:39 PM
Thats a pretty cool way of doin it seamless....
Friday, March 29, 2013 11:12 PM
I like seemlessZ24's car, but it looks kinda funny to me to see no panel gaps. I guess you tend to get used to them over the years. lol

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:57 AM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:Corey I believe mine doesn't look like their use to be a seat

Lol sorry man I forgot about you. Your right but ur the only one. I always see carpeted boards or stuff like that and it just looks horrible
Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:26 PM
How can I post a pic so u can see my set up. Still have seats but really clean
Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:28 PM
upload the pics to a site like photobucket.com and then use the img tag to put them in your post

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:09 PM
All of my pics are too large. Can't resize all I have access to is my phone
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search