Homelink garage door opener in a cav? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Homelink garage door opener in a cav?
Monday, July 30, 2012 1:19 PM
JBO,
I have been trying to think of something I could do for my convertible to have a garage door opener. If I have the top down I usually leave it down and I do not want to have my garage door opener just hanging out there. I am not afraid someone is going to use it to randomly break in to my house but the idea of buying another one would irritate me.

I have a 98 ZR2 blazer with homelink and I was considering the possibility of retrofitting one out of a junk yard into my vert. In the blazer it is on the headliner right where the sunroof switch is. On the vert I could not put it in the same place because the top latch is right there. I was wondering what you thought a good mounting place would be and if it would be compatible. I am asking about the system on blazerforums.com but I have not seen people fitting it to their truck never mind taking it out to put somewhere it never belonged to begin with.

If anyone has tips or schematics I would appreciate it. I assume it basically is a transmitter but I know it has a learn capability for three bays so I also wonder if there is a controller box somewhere in the vehicle as well.

I know this is a random topic but I have not seen it covered even in the archived threads.

Mike

Re: Homelink garage door opener in a cav?
Monday, July 30, 2012 1:55 PM
S Series thread for overhead console with homelink
Blazer Forum thread for overhead console

It seems there may be the ability for someone to use this entire console. I am not sure it would work for fuel consumption etc but it would be neat if it did. I am looking to take the buttons and transmitter out. maybe stick the buttons in an extra visor I have and hide the transmitter under the trim around the windshield.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:00 AM
Home link is simple as hell to add in actually.

We'll talk about it later I've got a few options for you. Don't need to limit yourself to the blazer stuff.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:13 PM
thanks jeffie.
I think it would be neat if you could add the entire data display from the blazer to a cav as well. let me know,

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:15 PM
A good number of those displays are able to be retro-fitted to other cars because they are a separate system of their own.

Just can't get to new with them cause they went from stand alones to intermingled with the cars.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search