2000-2002 Cavy Cluster - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000-2002 Cavy Cluster
Friday, June 29, 2012 5:20 PM
removed the speed hut gauge overlay and none of the needles were removed however now the speedo and rpm are not zeroed properly and rpm is around 300rpm low and the speedo has the needle saying maybe -10km as its under the 0.

i didnt have any issue when i installed the gauge overlay to begin with for gauges zeroing out but now they arent working as they should

any ideas?

Re: 2000-2002 Cavy Cluster
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:06 AM
tried removing the fuse "clstr" and supposedly the gauges should go back to their respective 0 but no dice, still looking for any idea

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:01 AM
I have an 03 Cavy and replaced my stepper motors and when I was done I had to recalabrate my needles..you should try that..
1) put the two needles on 0 : the RPM and speedo
2) with your finger turn each one clockwise until it stops
3) Turn each needle back around counter clockwise and see where they stop
4) if they stop past the 0 when turrning them counter clockwise then turn the needle clock wise until it stops and then push up on it a LITTLE bit ( about a 16th of an inch each time)
5) After you push the needle up a bit (after it stops counter clockwise) turn it back around (counter clockwise)until it stops and see where its at.. It shouldbe closer to the 0 now.

Just keep repeeting the steps until you get the needle to set at zero when turnning it back (counter clockwise).. Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask..
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:18 AM
Sorry for the double post.. But not saying replacing your stepper motors bu you should t try and recalabrating your needles..
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:57 AM
Chip Shell wrote:I have an 03 Cavy and replaced my stepper motors and when I was done I had to recalabrate my needles..you should try that..
1) put the two needles on 0 : the RPM and speedo
2) with your finger turn each one clockwise until it stops
3) Turn each needle back around counter clockwise and see where they stop
4) if they stop past the 0 when turrning them counter clockwise then turn the needle clock wise until it stops and then push up on it a LITTLE bit ( about a 16th of an inch each time)
5) After you push the needle up a bit (after it stops counter clockwise) turn it back around (counter clockwise)until it stops and see where its at.. It shouldbe closer to the 0 now.

Just keep repeeting the steps until you get the needle to set at zero when turnning it back (counter clockwise).. Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask..

when you do this, is the key in the on position so the cluster has power or do so with the cluster unpowered?

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 10:27 AM
You do it unpowerd.. Then when your done with your 1st callibration plug it in and start the car.. If they are still a little off unplud the cluster recalibrate again and plug back in nad start the car.. Just keep doing this till you get them set at zero.. Hope you get them fixed bro!!
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 4:31 PM
Emailed ya

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:31 PM
doesnt wanna work, chip, if you can give me a shout that would be great

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:20 AM
I've got kinda the same problem, had to take the needles off to replaces the lights in the cluster but my mph is 5 off and my tach isn't working at all, when I try to calaibrate the tach it just keeps spinning all the way around?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search