Cobalt steering column swap - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cobalt steering column swap
Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:32 AM
Your post does nothing for this thread whatsoever. I can read a schematic so that insult is just a waste of time. And yes the cobalt has an electric assist, which if you had read anything earlier you would know that it does. The column does not have any issues in fitting, I Just don't have room to switch to our ignition switch. I can make room by modifying the tilt lever so that it sits out of the way. I would then make a custom surround, which I am tempted to do anyways. As for the assist, It is possible to get it to work by using a standalone setup, which is one the the resons why I was interested in the swap as I consider it an interesting challenge, while at the same time making an upgrade of sorts possible for our cars. And if nothing else came of this thread, at least I managed to figure out how to get the Cobalt clockspring to sit in place correctly so that we no longer have to use the Sunfire one. This means that we can now tap into ALL the buttons for the cobalt wheel instead of just the media controls. This was never just about the airbag swap, This was about A. Possible Upgrades, and B. A project for my grandfather to assist with before he passed away as He loved cars and modifying them. I just do not have the time to do these mods at the moment, but I will revisit this in a while and finish it. I will still have the parts, so why not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search