power window motor brands whats good? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power window motor brands whats good?
Friday, May 17, 2013 9:10 PM
i have been reading up on the power windows and all. i got the parts and all from a junk yard and works didn't realize i had to wire it above the window bracket long story the window undid the connection and created an unknown short and fried a few wires no biggie replaceable. later found out that it shorted the up position on the passenger side now need a new switch. switched the leads cause i haven't hooked up the driver side yet and found out the window going up is a bit slow but going down is fast. I'm like great new window motor. anyway i was wondering any good window motor brands from these retailers like autozone, pep boys, murry's or nappa? or should i go with the ones posted before?

Re: power window motor brands whats good?
Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:17 PM
They are all about the same the best thing I did is take a cordless drill battery to the yard and splice the 2 wires coming off the window motor and check to see how well they work before pulling everything else apart the gm ones work the best and I would say last the longest...
Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:07 PM
i dont know if its ths @!#$ty gm wiring of our cars or the motors but ive yet to see a j-body power window roll up worth a crap. takes forever.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Monday, May 20, 2013 11:21 AM
-Z Yaaaa- I totally agree so im buying some new motors again but this time upgrading to some better wiring!
Monday, May 20, 2013 2:18 PM
Well the ...35$? one i got at advance has been workin fine for a year or so now...i have something out of line tho as when it goes up it does a nosedive which makes the backside come out of the track so i gotta kinda help the front keep up...unsure wth i did lol

Monday, May 20, 2013 4:34 PM
sounds like it might be a broken bracket
Monday, May 20, 2013 7:54 PM
I just got one outta a 03-05 and it works mint put it in my dd 98 z24 and it goes up and down with ease...
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:16 PM
The one i bought showed a helper type spring on the Directions..looked like a watch spring type thing ..but not seen one on any ive taken out since nor was there one on the one i bought. Think i might have seen somethin like it on like older monte's and cutlasses ...seems like a perfectly good idea..wonder why they stopped =/

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:31 PM
just got a new motor from O'Rilies brand is Doorman so we will see how this goes. Figured out I had to get a new switch the up passenger blew when the up wire hit the back of the speaker shorted it out . installed the switch re-wired so it looks all pretty lol. Now to get to the door and put in the new motor been lazy the past few days
Saturday, May 25, 2013 5:19 AM
Good call Prone, the Dorman regulators have been redesigned to use the later model window motor, they no longer use the craptastic GM flat "sandwhich" motor.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search