How to paint inner dash around gauge claster - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to paint inner dash around gauge claster
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:27 AM
I want to paint my inner dash silver to match my body color in my 2004 DD. can anyone tell me the right way to do it? Thank you in advance.

Re: How to paint inner dash around gauge claster
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:04 PM
Pull the upper part of dash and remove gauge cluster bezel also use vinal paint.... regular paint wont stick.... it wont flex

Erik Packard
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:23 PM
Thank you but can anyone give me a step by step way to do it?
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:57 PM
remove both dash side pannels..... remove center hvac/defrost cover phillips head screw.... remove 7mm screws from under hvac/defrost vent.... remove 7mm screws on each side...open glove box remove 2 airbox bolts (gold and a different style)... remove the 2 7mm screws on the right of the glovebox.... remove i think its one in the center 7mm also... after that be very careful as to not break the main dash lift evenly and move to safe location....after that there will be 2 7mm screws one to the right of the radio and one to the left... remove these... then there will be one screw to the left of the steering wheel remove this..... disconnect the interior light switch.... disconnect the cigerette lighter then pop it out sand and paint.... I believe there is a Youtube video of how to do this.... very simple

Erik Packard
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 4:16 PM
Ricozero wrote:Pull the upper part of dash and remove gauge cluster bezel also use vinal paint.... regular paint wont stick.... it wont flex

No......

You can paint the gauge bezel just fine with whatever paint you want to use.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:20 AM
Philly D wrote:
Ricozero wrote:Pull the upper part of dash and remove gauge cluster bezel also use vinal paint.... regular paint wont stick.... it wont flex

No......

You can paint the gauge bezel just fine with whatever paint you want to use.

Im saying you cant use regular spray paint from walmart at 97 cents a can you have to use different paint for the plastics or maybe i have just been informed wrong but i was told always use vinyl paint on interiors

Erik Packard
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:13 AM
You can use regular paints just fine on plastics. On the soft dash type material you use the dye.

You just want to make sure you clear coat the paint.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:39 PM
Philly D wrote:You can use regular paints just fine on plastics. On the soft dash type material you use the dye.

You just want to make sure you clear coat the paint.

This and prep it make sure it's clean! Rubbing alcohol make sure it's dry after
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search