Painting My Headliner - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting My Headliner
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:22 AM
Ok so I want to paint my headliner from tan to black but I don't want to deal with the hassle of taking it out nor do I have time to take it out. If I tape off what needs to be taped off could I just paint it with it still in the car?

Re: Painting My Headliner
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:39 AM
Yeah if you don't mind getting paint on everything in the interior and your car smelling like spray paint for a year.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:34 PM
^ That

Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:41 AM
I thought they made spray paint specifically for fabric

Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:59 AM
They do but it's just that a spray. So if you spray it inside your car it will get all over everything and the whole car will smell like spray paint.
If you wanna see how your car will smell when your done, go to the smallest room in your house and spray something in there. Come back a few hours later and there ya go.
Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:05 AM
Or just do what I did and take a black headliner out of a pre 1997? Sunfire. Swap took like 15 minutes maybe. In and out. No more visible smoke stains and no smelly paint smell.
Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:25 PM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Or just do what I did and take a black headliner out of a pre 1997? Sunfire. Swap took like 15 minutes maybe. In and out. No more visible smoke stains and no smelly paint smell.

Will it take any longer if i have a sunroof?
Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:35 PM
Nope. Mine had a sunroof.

Super easy swap.

Only difficult part was finding a black one with a sunroof in the yards.

Cost me like $20 for the headliner, and $7 each for the visors in the same color. so $34 and I have a darker experience inside my vehicle.
Friday, September 26, 2014 4:17 AM
Ok AWESOME thanks!!!!

"$34 and I have a darker experience inside my vehicle"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search