momo hub - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
momo hub
Monday, September 20, 2010 11:07 AM
well i read somehwere on the org that the momo might fit a 03 sunfire if it was made in 02 but will a hub fit my 04 sunfire

Re: momo hub
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:57 AM
I dont think so, gm changed the spline on the drive shaft slightly when they did the 03+

CarDomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3828276
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:52 AM
so everybody with the 04-05 sunfires have to stay with the crappy steering wheels unless u change the whole steering shaft
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:47 PM
damn, i want an aftermarket wheel but dont want to change the steering shaft

Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:31 PM
go to junk yard and get a colum out of an 02 thats what i did !! you just have to use your existing key cylender also forget the momo and go to advance auto and get the grant billet adapter
Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:09 PM
is everything like the multi function swithch and all that the same or will i have to mess with some of the wiring
Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:49 PM
5 bolt grant ftw, expensive 6 bolt and expensive everything else because it says momo on it, not so much.
Friday, October 01, 2010 6:39 AM
An aftermarket steering wheel is something i've considered but wouldn't you require to disable the drivers side airbag?

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:51 PM
so just to confirm, i need a new steering column to be able to run an aftermarket steering wheel and hub? what all is involved with doing this swap.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:27 PM
not a new colum just a used one out of an say 2002 or older just make sure it has same features as your car ... tilt...cruise control ect ect takes like 30 min to do the swap ...take dash pad off and front trim...there is a couple bolts holding colum and a clamp at the firewall to the steering shaft....unplug all connections and remove....must use your ignition switch.....put key in turn to on position and you will see a spot to insert a screw driver to push cylender out and reverse steps to assemble

Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:28 PM
oh and as far as price my local yard charged me 75 bucks and that was them to remove it from the junk car for me
Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:34 PM
chevy had changed the spine size sometime in 03 model year some early 03 my not need the swap the shaft is smaller on the new versions and that is why the swap is needed and when you go to buy the adaptor its for chevys up to 94 it dont list any higher because its illeagal to remove airbags and 94 is when they was mandatory
Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:17 PM
firesfury03 wrote:so everybody with the 04-05 sunfires have to stay with the crappy steering wheels unless u change the whole steering shaft

i just bought a sparco steering wheel hub and put my momo wheel on that.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:43 PM
What's the part number for the sparco hub?
Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:49 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search