HVAC colors - Page 7 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HVAC colors
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:28 PM
Here's a picture of how I did my foil so that the icons would light up as well as the knobs:

Gonna get some pics of what it looks like lit up later tonight.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 7:11 PM
Negative on pictures tonight, for some reason my camera won't see the blue lights (just shows up as dim white). I will say though, I'm very pleased... it's about 3 times brighter than before, and the only icons not lit up are the two orange ones on the far right.

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:58 PM
Pictures!

Old dim knobs and stock cluster colors:

How I did my foil (reposted because I changed the image location):

End result:

My interior as of now (the lights in the vents aren't visible, and the floor is brighter than that... not sure why it appears so dim!):

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:23 PM
Looks great !!!

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:05 PM
Thats why I haven't really posted any of my car at night either . . . I don't know how to make my camera "see" my neons, underglows, etc.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:40 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:Thats why I haven't really posted any of my car at night either . . . I don't know how to make my camera "see" my neons, underglows, etc.

The older picture I posted was perfect, and the HVAC/cluster on the new one is pretty accurate... I don't know for sure why the rest didn't show. I know for my camera, I have to put the saturation/exposure time up a few notches, and I put the photo mode on 'portrait.' I'll get some better pictures some other time, it was freezing cold out and I wanted to go inside badly!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:44 AM
Finally figured out how to work my camera for night lmao so here is some better pics of the HVAC in green LEDs
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/manta_z/DSC00080.jpg

and my license plate bulb is now a green 194 LED also along with my glove box
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/manta_z/DSC00079.jpg

didnt want to make the pics show cuz there pretty big, just click the links

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:16 AM
Looks good man, I like the license plate LED, but do you know if it's legal in IL, I really don't feel like lookin it up, haha.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:03 PM
no clue, i dont even know if its legal here in indiana.. lol

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:49 PM
theres a no light setting on most digital cameras, but when you take the picture you have to hold the camera still, otherwise the image will be blurry.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:45 PM
My friend has all his neon lights on at all times and hasn't gotten pulled over yet... I live in Indy by the way.

Friday, April 07, 2006 12:42 PM
eBay LED

Would these be the correct LED's to use for this?
Also, on an '03 sunfire, does the entire top piece of the dash have to come off, or just the piece surrounding the stereo and HVAC?
Friday, April 07, 2006 2:26 PM
Ty W wrote:eBay LED

Would these be the correct LED's to use for this?
Also, on an '03 sunfire, does the entire top piece of the dash have to come off, or just the piece surrounding the stereo and HVAC?

That is the correct LED for the HVAC, yes.

I don't know about sunfires, but in cavaliers, you have to take the top of the dash off to get the front bezel off.

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:42 PM
Ty W - Just the peice around the radio has to come off...

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:20 AM
Cool, thank you both.
Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:52 AM
Hey Hor . . . To get the radio/HVAC bezel off the Cavalier's, you have to remove the dash first off. All the screwes that hold on the bezel are under the dash, with the exception of one.

The green plate LED is kickass, I'd love to have that in blue. I'm going to get one of those neon-plate borders though. I've always loved those.
Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:52 PM
Exodus - Yup, but he asked about a Sunfire not Cavi. I know on my 01 sunfire, you do not have to remove the top dash part to remove the radio/hvac bezel. Just open the glovebox and there are two screws on the right side of the bezel (underneath the glovebox door) that needs to be removed. Then the bezel just pulls out.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:02 PM
^^what he said.

Same on my 97

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:09 AM
^^

^^

Same on my 04 ..

And damn that post about not needing to be red LEDS.. but -- sigh, backups? Thanks Buzz, and all the others, this is prolly one of my favorite threads!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2339406
Friday, July 14, 2006 3:49 PM
Shoot, sorry about that guys. I thought it was about a Cavy for some odd reason, lol.

Oh, as for the previous discussion, I've had all my interior tubes, my dome light, and underglows on, and I've never been pulled over once. So it all depends on where you live basically.
Monday, July 24, 2006 7:41 PM
hey what brand of led's are you guys using for the cluster? i ordered the 194 bulbs and they arent that bright. but the hvac came out really good.

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 5:49 AM
well this is the wrong post to be asking about the cluster: FAQ re: Cluster lights

but im using 5WLED leds from superbrightleds.com they have 5 leds in one point in all directions to insure 360degree lighting where u wont have any dark spots in ur cluster..
they look like this:

but dont get the 5/8" panel sockets.. make sure u get 1/2" ones..

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:39 AM
o my bad i thought i was posting in that thread. but you answered my question so thanks manta.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:05 PM
Is there any place to buy these locally???
Radio Shack, Auto Zone Advance auto etc...???
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:40 PM
car audio places should carry them. jus check around ur town. but theyre pretty cheap at superbrightleds.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search