HVAC bulbs blue...pix! - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HVAC bulbs blue...pix!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:16 PM
CRJ: link to a good page on that in the FAQ. Go take a look.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:43 PM
ooops... how noobish of me. Thanks Raptor

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:57 AM
I pulled off that same mod 3 years ago using a different set of LED bulbs and some rewiring behind the dash.

This approach would seem a lot simpler...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:18 AM
for the cluster lights, check this out. Look at the bulbs second from the bottom of the page. You can't get much easier than that.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:09 AM
wow awesome sight, im def getting some of those

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:10 AM
But you'll need the load resistor kit...I installed LED turn signals (I did the reverse light-to-turn signal mod) and it had hyper blinking...

Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:18 PM
You don't need a load resistor kit for lights that don't blink. Those LEDs should work fine in your cluster and HVAC.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:43 PM
I wired LED's into my '99 and now my '00 cavy.. I want to attempt to do the same with my gauge cluster.. but im afraid to take that @!#$ apart! lol afraid i'll mess something up. The HVAC is simple tho. PLus LED's will last longer. I have heard over time the blue burns off of the bulbs in the reg bulbs.

So if anyone has done a light sway in thier 2k cavy lemme know how to do it and i will!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:21 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:You don't need a load resistor kit for lights that don't blink. Those LEDs should work fine in your cluster and HVAC.

It was meant for the "Blinker" - Just incase anyone actually went to the website he posted....

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:28 AM
I put the #74 leds in my hvac...beautiful...alot nicer then painting the clear knobs. completely plug and play, just a bitch trying to get out the stock bulbs...hurts the fingers

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:17 PM
Rich G wrote:I put the #74 leds in my hvac...beautiful...alot nicer then painting the clear knobs. completely plug and play, just a bitch trying to get out the stock bulbs...hurts the fingers

I broke mine right in between my fingers the first time I removed them. Ooops.

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:52 PM
rich, what color did u put in?

and post pics because we think youre lying

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:52 AM
blue...i'll post pics when i get a chance

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:13 AM
can anyone put instructions or pics on how they did the leds in the gauge cluster?id like to do this but wouldnt know what to take apart or anything.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:07 AM
I also would be interested in this info for the instrument gauge cluster w/ the speedo, ect.. I'm to afraid to screw something up jsut taking it apart. If it sounds easy I'll do it. and get pics of me doing it for future use.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:15 AM
ON the website listed above which LED do I buy. I don't see any 74 when I go to buy now. Thanks

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:16 AM
Page Two
Half way down, you will see cluster lights (with the twist in base) and the next one down is the 74.
Do you want me to buy them for you too.
j/k man, but try searching the site a little.

Monday, March 07, 2005 12:44 PM

sorry about the delay...there's how the blue led's look...here's daytime as well

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:59 AM
smoooooooth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search