Need help on this please! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help on this please!
Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:31 PM
Does anyone have a shift light or tach with a shift light that can help me out? I had this in the electronics forum but i didnt get any responses that could help me out. I have a summit racing gauge with a 12v, ground, and a green wire to go to the vehicles rpm sensor or wire or something. I have a 98 sunfire se manual and i couldnt figure it out even with my haynes wiring diagram. If anyone knows, it would be best if i was told where the wire was, color, and that what ill need. Oh and the instructions say to hook it up to the ignition wire, which one would i use so its on when the cars on and wont trip the theft lock?

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Re: Need help on this please!
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:01 PM
man this sucks lol... theres a power, a ground, the wire to the tach, and then 2 wires for clipping to make it for 4 cyl. vehicles. So thats 5 wires and only one of them i dont know what to do with... lol

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Friday, February 18, 2005 3:46 PM
still need help... i got the car in the garage to put my suspension in. Perfect time to put in the shift light

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:46 PM
im starting to think no one has ever done this

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Saturday, February 19, 2005 3:10 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this but don't you need a tach adapter in order to install an aftermarket tach on our cars? I have an Autogauge one (not installed yet...Too Cold) and I ordered a tach adapter with it. I think it's because we have coilpacks I would phone a local performance shop and ask them.....

If I'm wrong please let me know
Saturday, February 19, 2005 4:02 PM
For my Autometer shift light i have an RPM module, that accepts different RPM chips, im not sure what its actually hooked into though, but i think thats what your missing.

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Saturday, February 19, 2005 4:35 PM
The wire on the ignition module is pink. For a lot of the 95-99's you also have a Tach fuse in the fuse box under the hood that you can get the signal from as well.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search