center console removal - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
center console removal
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:23 PM
hey i need some help with this. i am sure its simple but so am i lol. I am trying to remove my center console on a 2000 sunfire. it's all one piece and i cant seem to get it out. I have all the bolts removed, shifter removed, and i can almost slide it up over the e-brake. but thats where my problem is it won't go any further over the e-brake. if anyone can help me out on this one it would be great. thanks in advance...oh and sorry if this was already posted but i couldnt find it

"Hick's can own J'body's too"

Re: center console removal
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:45 PM
Make sure the ebrake is upright, and the boot should slide over it. Also, there is one bolt in the very front compartment (the one underneath the dash) under a little plastic tab. That's probably what's it's catching on.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:46 PM
Nope I have that bolt out too. i can move the console freely but just cant get up over that e-brake. i am gonna go try it again right now. and try to get the ebrake upright more maybe...

Monday, February 28, 2005 1:55 PM
hmmmm...not sure then. It should come right out. Good Luck man

Some crazy muddin in your sig man

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:38 PM
Hey I just got it out. lol just needed a little extra force to clear the e-brake! lol thanks gotta love muddin....

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:24 PM
yah you gotta just kinda give it a nice firm tug and flex it a little to get it on sometimes
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:55 AM
Hehe.. I had to "convince" my 03 cavy's center console to come out too. It was fun painting it, and it looked so good too. To bad I used the wrong paint on the hard plastic surface and it came off =( But thankfully I found flat black Fusion at Wal-Mart, so as soon as the weather warms up a bit, I'm pulling it back out and repainting it.

My Car Domain Page

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search