Brown box at my door tonight?? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brown box at my door tonight??
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:59 PM
I got home tonight and found this box at my front door and the label came from this place...

and inside this mysterious box it contained this device....

sorry pics are poor, they are web cam.

Autometer- 2 1/16" 7k RPM's artic white tach.... ATM-1397.. Should look nice in a pod and is my way of curing my car from not having one to begin with.

Thanks to Jason at A+pluspeformance for going all out and gettin this for me when he was all out and having it shipped from autometer themselves so i wouldn't be waiting for ever!. Talk about customer service!
Thanks again man!

Re: Brown box at my door tonight??
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:03 PM
looks nice, 5 speeds that don't come with tachs are kind of stupid, i should know, mine didn't either.... anyway, enjoy your new guage i'll be waitin a while to get one for myself - whack, L8r

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:46 PM
Nice gauge.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:07 PM
Yep... I like it alot. I hate those gaudy 5" tachs and this is sleek and simple. Now i just need the adaptor...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:24 PM
for the same price couldnt you have just swapped clusters?? the gauge looks really nice too and Jason i heard is GREAT.!!.

Jim
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:37 PM
^^ I think my 99 falls in the date where i will have how ever many mile on the cluster i attempt to swap in does. Not worth the hassel to me if its going to be wrong. I still have a warrenty on my car till 100,000 miles. I don't need it reading wrong if i ever need to have work done.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:03 PM
you shoulda got the 3" and put it on the steering cover

something is better than nothing ,

now you gotta match the rest to the tach

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:19 PM
haha My 3 speed auto comes with a tach
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:51 PM
5 speeds dont come with tachs??????? How retarded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:10 PM
i am pretty sure you could have take the new cluster w/tach to a dealership and they could have reset the cluster to read the right amount of miles but oh well..

Jim
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:48 PM
^^^ Yes probably, but for the rate they charge i am fine with what i got.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:08 AM
its expensive, i was suppose to have it done on my old cav bc i spun the needles..HAHA....it was around 400.00....for that much i just went to the junk yard and lived the fact i wasnt sure of the exact miles....

"Might be slow, but its cute as hell"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search