redoing door panels + headliner - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
redoing door panels + headliner
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:44 PM
well i ordered my red vinyl from yourautotrim the other day..should have it here by thursday and be redoing my door panels before my lambo kit comes in.....

to any of you who have ripped that hideous cloth piece off of your door panels...before you recovered in vinyl did you lay down some sort of foam or something first? how well did it stick to the foam? how well did the foam stick to the plastic?

had a question about the headliner too....did you guys remove the material to recover it or did you just cover over it.

and also if anyone has the trim piece that goes around the door handles that would fit a 96 2 door - i beleive there all the same all the way to 02 maybe even further....that they can depart with... i need the passenger side and the driver side - UNPAINTED- stock graphite color.... email me at powderedgemdonuts@yahoo.com and i will buy them off of you....OR if you have the whole door panel off of a car that is being parted out or whatever email me as well...we can work something out - once again this is for a 2 door - 4 doors are not the same door panel.

Re: redoing door panels + headliner
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:50 AM
door panel insert- just rip the cloth off, recover

healiner- take it out, spray 3m 99 adhesive, lay the vinyl, you should IM me though or email, ill give you some tips on this

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:20 AM
I just clovered the cloth with the vinyl, seems to work well. When you stick the piece on the door panel, I sugest you use cauking Silicon to seal it. That worked really well. the headliner is easy, the glue will stick the the stock fabric, then you don't have to peal and re-foam.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:32 PM
SCORE - i got the door handle trim pieces from a junkyard for 5 $ for the pair haha and there in perfect condition

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search