Interior color Q's - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior color Q's
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:51 PM
So I have no idea what color the inside should be. I have a silver 2001 cavi. I really like the body paint, but that wouldn't work well inside. So what 2 tone scheme should I apply to the inside of the cavy? Something that will go well with the outside, kinda match it to where it would look stock....except not so cheap lol.

Should I fiber glass the top of the dash or CF? Fiber glass fabric is much cheaper, and you have more color options. It's prety strong? I'd like to hear some comparisons between carbon fiber and fiberglass. Can you buy replacement console's for the cavi? one that would look nice? I don't like how flimsy and cheap it feels. But I guess i could redo that and put a stronger hinge on it.

And that ugly bastard of a auto shift thing. on the 2001 do you just pull and pull? or are there clips on this one?

If I wanted to do the wriing and put in a new steering wheel, can you buy aftermarket one's with the cruise built into the wheel. Like the buttons on the actuall wheel? The stock cavi one is god awfull ugly I thought that when I bought it. What are some good alternatives?

And for the final conclusion haha. Do you think it would look better vinaled or fiberglass/carbon fibered? thanks for the time.

Re: Interior color Q's
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:07 PM
Check local laws concerning Steering wheel removal, and don't get into an accident. Your insurance probably won't pay. Carbon fiber rules. Check Aplusperformance for automatic shift knobs and other trick parts. Some aftermarket steering wheels have a couple of extra buttons, but I don't know if they support cruise. As for the color scheme, keep it simple. two colors at most. Black and white would look cool. All black or charcoal would also look pretty trick, and all go well with the carbon fiber trim.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:15 PM
1. Pick whatever you want. Black/silver would look nice.

2. Fiberglass, unless you're looking to do a carbon fiber look inside your car. Carbon fiber for your interior is pointless as far as the weight reduction vs. fiberglass goes, so just go fiberglass if you're looking for a smooth look.

3. Well, look on the radio side of the knob. If there's a clip there, you'll see it.

4. Cruise is built into the arm, not on the wheel. I guess it'd be possible to integrate it into the wheel through wiring, but it'd be difficult and not worth it. Keep it in the blinker arm.

5. I like the fiberglass look, myself.

Two of your five questions are opinion related. Here's some advice - do what YOU want to do, and what you're going to like. The car should please you initially. It's your car, after all.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:32 PM
Personally i would think about the entire scheme of your car.. and where you want to take it. Pick colors that you like and are appealing to YOU. I'm doing my interior in gloss black/ Gunmetallic with small areas w/ silver accents so it's not all so dark. It looks pretty good together. But i'd advise you to just pick colors that match and flow well as well as colors you like. Maybe go to the local parts store and just look at all of the colors that are available to you. they have so many. Dark metallic blues & rich dark reds.. it'll give you an idea.
I decided to stray away form orange.. b/c i could NEVER find colors that matched wit h the previous orange. And do you knwo how hard it was to find matching steering wheel, petals, shift knob & other stuff! LOL So i saw black & silver things i liked.. and i love gunmetallic.. Sooo i decided to incorperate those colors into my interior

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:17 PM
I think Blue/Silver would be nice...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search