List of questions for redoing the interior - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
List of questions for redoing the interior
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:27 AM
I'm planning on redoing my whole interior because I really messed up the first time I did it. I'm wondering how I can do the following:

1. Repainting the trim pieces that were Black to Flat Black
2. Replacing the carpet which I painted Black with a regular carpet that is originally Black.
3. Dying the seatbelts back (how do you get them out to do so)
4. Replacing the front speakers (they are still stock)
5. Re-Fabricating the top part of the back seat
6. Where can I find a black shift boot for the emergency brake?

Any tips will be welcomed.

Re: List of questions for redoing the interior
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:48 AM
ok, there is the FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. but here are some quick pointers.

1. are you trying for a fiberglassed smooth finish on those trim pieces. if so then sand completely smooth and prime and paint flat black and clear coat the hell out of it. if you just want to paint then you should be able to just prime and paint and clear coat the hell out of it.

2. to replace the carpet you fist need to order the new carpet. jc whitney.com has a pretty decent rate on the already molded carpets for our cars. just order the black. then take all the trim and interior pieces of your car out followed by the seats and the center consol. take out old carpet and put in new.

3. you need a torx driver it looks like a six sided star. go to your local sears or car parts store and ask them they should be able to get you the size that you will need. then take out the seats and the trim from the back of the car and remove the bolts for the seat belts and that should do it for you. as for dying it I don't know.

4.Read the sticky.

5. do you want to cover it in fiberglass. if you do then let me know and i will type up directions for you tonight.

6. the shif t boot i don't really know either. try tabascoracing.com or aplusperformance.com or some other site that post alot here. they should be able to help you out finding one.

Re: List of questions for redoing the interior
Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:12 AM
The big star bolts hold the only half of the belt assembly, so how do you get out the mechanism that rolls it up? It looks like it's revited on.

Okay with that aside, once those big panels are out you can easily get to the top part of the back seat...which is called the rear deck. With it out, just get some fabric and spray adhesive and it should be no problem to wrap. For further instructions I would suggest using the search button to find out about your specific questions.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search