Semi Custom Install - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Semi Custom Install
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:17 PM
Well i was taking some before pics of my car before it gets a few exterior things done. So I thought I would show pics of my Gauge install. I took out the 2 vents and cut out the devider between the two. I then cut away some of the other support to get the gauges to set where i wanted. I then cut and sealed of the middle vents with Hvac tape. I used a guage pod from a staurn but nay universal pod works. I made a couple of brakets to mount it in now i just need to fiberglass the final shape and it will be all done. so what do you guys think? And the glue dripping down yeah it took my slow but some time to figure out to make brakets. LOL

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)

Re: Semi Custom Install
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:04 AM
not bad, kinda doing the same thing i did. BTW, Hvac Tape is not a good sealer for the vents. I used an acrylic sheet, cut to shape and melted it into place, Then for extra sealent, used an epoxy around all the edges,

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:19 AM
Nice start, I have done the same thing to mine, with gauges where the vents use to be. I have to find of picture of it so I can post to show. But good start! Are you going to cover the whole area, or leave to gaps? Also if your going to glass it use a reinforcer like epoxy like Lawnmowerracer said.

New Sponsors: Show Stopper Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, Izn Trbl Inc.
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:59 AM
super glue?

it should look better glassed in

Monday, March 07, 2005 12:40 PM
No trying to piss on anyone's party, but what the Hell are you gonna use for vents now?

Its gonna get awful hot this summer...

lol
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:02 PM
windows and the 2 side vents are now like cannons man .

not super glue but its contact cement.

I will fiberglass it in covering the 2 gaps it is going to look great

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:14 PM
here is a pic of mine right now, sorry but only premium Members can view it do to the fact that I dont have time right now to do it anyother way.
Attachments
DSCF0632.JPG (119k)

New Sponsors: Show Stopper Tuning, Turbo Tech Racing, Izn Trbl Inc.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:43 AM
Thats nice. Kinda the same thing but mine is going to keep a kinda stock look you will see when i am done the humidity has doped here a bit so i may lay a layer on it today
so you can get a better idea

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:23 PM
looks cool

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search