good steering wheel hub adapter - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
good steering wheel hub adapter
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:44 PM
i'm considering pulling the airbag wheel from the car if I can find a black/tan three spoke wheel. Who makes a good adapter, and how much do they typically go for?

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N

Re: good steering wheel hub adapter
Monday, February 28, 2005 11:12 PM
grant and it is the 94 cavy one it fits
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:27 AM
Thanks dude. Grant has the 5 screw design correct. Do you know who else's wheels will fit with their adapter?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:35 AM
I personally went and spent the extra lil bit of $$ to get a safer hub incase of an accident since i will no longer have SRS. I did this process no more than 2 weeks ago for the switch. I bought a MOMO collapsable teerign wheel hub adapter. it will collapse in an accident so the steering wheel wont crack your bones. LOL but it's up to you. I like the MOMO adapter i got. workes great & easy to install!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:51 AM
APC & Grant... 5 hole wheels.

APC & Grant hubs... 5 hole hubs.

MOMO, Sparco, Netami... 6 hole wheels.

MOMO, Sparco... 6 hole hubs.

The hubs & wheels are interchangable as long as you stick with the same # of holes.

I sell all of these, and have the MOMO hubs in stock too.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:58 AM
I really wouldn't trust apc on a hub to hold my steering wheel in place. Get the Momo, ive been more than pleased with mine. Most aftermarket wheels are 6-hole anyway

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:08 AM
^^^^^ wOrd 2 that ^^^^^

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:30 AM
Jason, do you offer discounts to org members on merch from your store? I'm still not sure about ditching the airbag as it is my daily driver, but the wheel is so ugly! For the right price, I may do it.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:16 PM
Just contact me for the best price...

Depending on the item(s) I can work with you guys.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:18 AM
I've got a comprehensive extended warranty from the dealer I bought the car from, and don't want to void it. Anyone know if a steering wheel swap & ditching the airbag would void it. If so, anyone dye a charcoal driver's airbag cover to beige, and if so, what dye do you reccomend? Sorry for all of the questions, but I wanna do the job right. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:18 AM
lol Nope, unless you get a Grant steering wheel ring that attatches to yrou stock wheel. Soon as you REMOVE any SRS related stuff. Poof there goes your warrenty. I'd advise waiting it out.

-Saint Augustine

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. Jason also told me that my insurance agent may not be too pleased with me. Anyone know how to make the wheel look a little nicer though. They just look kinda dull!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:20 PM
well do a search for Grant steering wheels. they make like a plastic cover that attatches over your stock wheel. My friend w/ a honda wanted one. but check that out ! also you can htink about painting or dying the wheel.. maybe painting the base of it and the column shroud. Something like that

-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:41 PM
Wheeeelskins offers two tone leather wheel covers and shift boots. I'm going Black and Beige to match the rest of the interior.

Monday, March 07, 2005 10:33 AM
Will the insurance pay claims if the SRS system was disabled before a crash? I really want the new wheel, but sort of leary about making the change. This was a lot easier before they put the stupid airbags in the cars. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks guys!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search