Magnetic Hood and Trunk Inserts - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Magnetic Hood and Trunk Inserts
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:59 PM
A bunch of you expressed some interest in these awhile back and they are finally in stock and under production!

Visit the link below for details or to place an order. Please use this thread only to share your comments, not as a place to order or discuss business. This will be my last new product post for a little while.

Thanks,

Steve

http://www.bluecavcustoms.com

Re: Magnetic Hood and Trunk Inserts
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:50 PM
do you have any pics of the trunk inserts

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:54 PM
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:37 PM
And these do what exactly?

My Car Domain Page

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:38 PM
Thanks Raptor - glad to be here.

I have gone to great pains to rebuild my website and get the contacts I need to run a successful mod business. Can't wait to see what the JBO Business Membership is all about.

Steve
Blue Cav

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:26 PM
Question can you get those in other colors also? like chrome? or are you going to be makeing any i got a black 2000 2 door cav and am interested in some chrome one`s if you can make or know anyone who can make

PaCavalier

*Sponsored* by
WWW.CUSTOMANDSOUND.COM
For all you polishing and coating need's
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:30 PM
I'd still like to know what these are for exactly.

My Car Domain Page

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:51 PM
They fill the holes so you dont see teh nasty unpainted metal and stuff on the underside of the lids...

Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:37 AM
Could u just post all the colors you have available instead of just saying ask at checkout, i am definetly interested in these just wanna know all the colors you have, and these are all reflective correct?? thanx

Click Here for PIX!!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:24 AM
id probably be interested in some chrome ones... or mirror style ones

Click Here, To Check Out My Interior

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:57 AM
They can be made any color - there should be a list on the site, I'll check.

The problem with chrome is that it scratches extremely easily. I can apply the chrome vinyl to the magnetic surface without scratching it, but then the magnets must be cut with the aid of a metal yardstick, packed and shipped. Somewhere in there they will find a way to get scratched, no matter what material I use. And even if they don't, I guarantee they will get scratched the first time you try to wipe them clean.

I hate Chrome vinyl and try not to sell it, but will do so as long as I am not held responsible for it. I will try to be as careful as humanly possible.

To answer the question of what these are for...(?)

They are just for looks - much nicer than the old heatguard and they still give your hood a little benefit of heat protection. Plus much easier than trying to paint in there or install a decal.

Thanks,

Steve

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:21 PM
i'm trying to think of how the black reflective would look, when u say it's reflective, is it like a mirror? might sound dumb the way i say it but i can't think of how to put what i'm thinking into words. i just don't see how the chrome would be different than anything else. do you have pictures of any other colors on a car? i want either black or silver but want it reflective and just can't picture what that would look like on there. and also it says for reflective its more, how much exaclty is more?

Click Here for PIX!!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:24 PM
Steve

Hey! Nice site. I recently got into the vinyl business myself. Could you apply some of the clear vinyl (calendared or cast) as a protective coating? Or, maybe some Frog Juice? You have a great product no doubt. If only I didn't have the RKSport Ram Air hood!

Later.

jmacdadd@hotmail.com
Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:13 PM
I would go with the frog juice vs. the clear vinyl, which may end up looking foggy.

The magnets require no protection, however. Mine have been in for a long time and are still new looking.

Cavcruzn20:

Reflective vinyl is teh stuff that the police and fire trucks use. It glows at night when light hits it. It also has a certain glow to it from light hitting it at sharper angles.

The mirrored vinyl just has a tendency to show scratches more - they will all scratch, but the Chrome is particularly unforgiving!

I charge about 30% more for the reflective inserts. The material costs a lot more plus it takes twice the amount of time to install it to the magnetics. The reflective material is thicker and tends to get more bubbles unless you really take your time. Definitely worth the extra cost though!

-Steve

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:00 PM
Now available for 95-02!

Contact me!

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:58 PM
Can they stay on when ur driving it too, or just for shows?...any pics of the red or white

Help me out over on redline forums, i need it...my s/n is atf1987 if it asks
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:41 PM
cavcruzn20 wrote:Could u just post all the colors you have available instead of just saying ask at checkout, i am definetly interested in these just wanna know all the colors you have, and these are all reflective correct?? thanx

All of our products (except Carbon Fiber Items) are available in the following colors: White, Silver, Red, Orange, Yellow, Pink and Rally Yellow. We will make anything in any color you want, or even custom designs, etc - contact us for details and special pricing!

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search