PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:37 PM
ok, i have my entire dash apart, and have the white face gauges on...I have the gas gauge and temp gauge working, but when I put the MPH gauge and tach on THEY ARE NOOOOOOOOOOOOT MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE CAN HELP IN ANNNNY WAY ASAP!!!!!!!!!
(when taking the two needles off, the "pin" came out with them..and i put it back in and now they will not even budge. I'm SERIOUSLY FREAKING OUT HERE....

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANYTHING YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!APPRECiATE IT!

Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:57 PM
Umm.....

There's been many posts about the dangers of removing the needles on a 2K+ cluster. I hate to say it but I think you're going to have to replace the entire cluster.

If a remember correctly, this is mentioned in the interior FAQ as the top of this forum.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:39 PM
that sux....should have searched....

this is my sig
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:40 PM
You destroyed the cluster. You never remove the needles on the 2k+ because thats exactly what happens. The "pin" is the shaft on the motor, you broke it off the motor and now it won't work.

Start surfing E-Bay for clusters.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:17 PM
hahahaha hahahahahaha....
well, guess what?? I GOT IT TO WORK...but thanks for all your help...umm..NOT?!

All that had to be done is to pull the shafts out a little...i heard them tryin to catch, and they couldn't catch the tread~

yep yep..got me some NIIIIIIIIIICE APC gauges now!!~

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:48 PM
Congratz!

Btw, you are one of the lucky few. Some people have been known to remove needles on 2k+ clusters and not have problems. Most however, end up destroying their gauges.

I don't think there's a need to be a d!ck about it. Nobody called you an idiot or flamed you for potentially screwing up your mod. This is surprising because most people here are quick to burn others who attempt an install without researching the matter first.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:05 PM
KreepyGuy wrote:Congratz!

Btw, you are one of the lucky few. Some people have been known to remove needles on 2k+ clusters and not have problems. Most however, end up destroying their gauges.

I don't think there's a need to be a d!ck about it. Nobody called you an idiot or flamed you for potentially screwing up your mod. This is surprising because most people here are quick to burn others who attempt an install without researching the matter first.

sorry if I came off as an ass man, I really didn't mean to be...
for real, if you would have seen how bad I was freaking about about it, you'd understand why I posted what i did....just rEaLlY pumped that I actually got it to work~

..again, sorry..i appreciated the help from and comments about it, and dint mean to come off as a D#ck~

Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:42 AM
^^ That's cool. If it had been my car I would have been totally freaked out too. I'm glad that you got it to work.

You should post some night-time photos of your gauges!

P.S. Though the needles are moving again, are they calibrated properly still? You might want to get a friend to go out driving with you. Pace his/her car at pre-determined speeds and ensure that your speedometer is reading correctly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search