GM steering wheels! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM steering wheels!
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:15 AM
Has anyone ever tried to use a steering wheel from another type of GM car like a Vette, or a Camaro? Something with an airbag (safety first), but better looking than the stock one in a Cavalier. Just curious if there are issues with the electronics for the airbag or not.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N

Re: GM steering wheels!
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:26 PM
I have thought about that myself - the only safety thing I can think of is that the air bags are designed for the vehicles they are in. If you put a wheel from a larger car maybe the airbag could be too big for the inside of a Cavalier and not deploy properly?

But if it works I would like to have a leather wheel out of something else as well.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:56 PM
Chances are that the hubs are different. The hubs change from 95-99 to 03-05 cavis, so I find it hard to believe they wouldn't change across different models.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:51 AM
I thought if the MOMO hub adapter worked on all GM cars, the hub would be the same? MOMO part # 2401 is listed for a munber of GM cars as well as Grant 3196 which dates way back before airbags. That's why I thought any GM wheel would work.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search