Urethane Primer - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Urethane Primer
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:06 AM
I spoke with a body shop owner over the weekend and he said he would paint my interior for the price of the paint. I told him what I was doing, which is sanding the interior using 120/240/300 sandpaper. He said to put Urethane Primer on the pieces to help fill it in. Where can I purchase this and will I need a spray Gun?

Thanks
Josh

Re: Urethane Primer
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:46 AM
listening......

---

Monday, March 14, 2005 11:51 AM
a local auto paint shop
Monday, March 14, 2005 4:53 PM
yes you will need a paint gun to shoot the primer....Basically what you need to to is use 180 on all the parts, then smooth it out with 320.....After that shoot a highbuild filler primer and then wet sand with 320......after that just check for any imperfections and then if you need to, re shoot and wetsand....then it will be ready to paint......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:06 PM
^^^^^ Im sorry but that is just a bit much. I would be scared every time I got in my car I would scratch the paint.

CLICK SIG FOR UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:07 PM
I should say im not dogging it. I just have never been a big fan of painting every little thing in your car. I mean if you keep it garage kept then fine. But for a daily driver then no.

CLICK SIG FOR UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Monday, March 14, 2005 7:20 PM
You won't necessarily need a spray gun. I've found some very good quality high-build primers in an aerosol can. You will find them in the paint section of your local automotive supply store. It's called a high-build, scratch-fill, or filler primer. Basically, it's a thin layer of body filler.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search