interior question... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
interior question...
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:40 AM
a while back ago i took out my interior to sand and paint and all that hooplah! Well I did all that and put it all back together and it looked great. Then I decided to do a LOT of custom work on the interior so I went out and bought a whole new interior for the car. Last night i went to install it all and got to the LAST peice. I was installing the Mirror covers on the drivers door. You know the little triangle peice that goes over top of the mirror adjusting arm. well I tried to put the screw back in and it just wouldnt get tight. Looks as if the whole got bored out a little bit and wont hold the screw any long. I was just wondering some ways that i could fix this easily. I can try to find a little bit bigger of a self tapping screw but I just dont want it to look stupid. I was also thinking of cutting a small square of the metal out and welding in a new one and then drilling a pilot hold and using the same screw. of course that way would be a lot more work though. or could i use some sort of adhesive that would let me screw the screw in and still get it tight? I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I am just trying to get this done ASAP. Thanks a lot

Jim

Re: interior question...
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:51 AM
I had that problem with the passenger side mirror cover... I wraped the screw thread in Silicone Plumers tape. Tightend up just fine for me.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:31 PM
thanks for the help.

Jim
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:53 PM
I had the same problem thx for the help i'll try that
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:44 PM
I just used a slightly larger screw. They're not difficult to find in black, or paint flat black.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search