'95-'99 Sunfire gauge cluster questions - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'95-'99 Sunfire gauge cluster questions
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:37 PM
I am completely changing the interior scheme of my '02 Sunfire GT and I want to get black faced/cobalt blue backlit gauges, problem is no one makes them for the '00+. However SpeedHut does make them for the '95-'99 Sunfires. Obviously I am going to just do a '95-'99 gauge cluster swap, but I have a few questions before I do this.

1.) Is it possible to roll back the mileage so I can match it to the mileage on the engine of my car? If so, how would I go about doing this?
2.) I know that certain things such as the 'traction off' (ETS) light will not show up on the earlier gauges, but everything else will correct?
3.) Will the earlier gauge cluster be plug-n-play?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: '95-'99 Sunfire gauge cluster questions
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:48 PM
Take it THIS OVERLAY isn't the look you want for the '02

and honestally, i don't belive the older cluster will fit your dash with out some custom work. Besides, if push comes to shove, you culd always have speed hut or Black Cat custom make you a gauge face

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:09 PM
You can't use an earlier cluster, period. They may look the same, but the operate completely different from each other. The older clusters have the mileage stored in the cluster itself, the new clusters have it in the BCM. The older clusters talk to the ECU to get the information for the gauges, the newer clusters talk to the BCM.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:19 PM
@ DeadBob: I have seen that one you listed on eBay. I don't like the red on it. I want everything to be blue. I also don't like the fact that it has different colors. And as far as the custom gauges from Black Cat or Speed Hut, I know for a fact that Speed Hut won't make them for the '00+ until they receive 25 pre-orders and they only have one so far and I'm sure Black Cat would be uber expensive, but I am willing to pay to get the look I want so I guess that's what will end up happening.

@ Shifted (KickAzz): I knew it seemed too easy . Thanks for the information guys .

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:55 PM
BlackCat isn't bad for gauge faces, $70ish for a set or something like that. Doesn't hurt to email and ask.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search