how to remove the dash - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to remove the dash
Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:55 PM
ive removed my dash and everything a couple times with no worries but what all is involved in removing the main dash as in the plastic that is still there after the dash pad and piece that goes around the gauge cluster is off

do i need to pull the steering wheel?

Re: how to remove the dash
Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:18 PM
i think you do need to pull the wheel. I know team forward motion has a how-to on dash removal. this should be the link
I don't know how hard it is because I haven't actually done it.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:22 PM
searching provided this:

Raptor wrote:Take off your dash top, HVAC/gauge bezel, gauge cluster, and your stereo. You should already know how to get this far if you've done any work in your interior.

Remove and unplug the HVAC controls, they're held in by two torx/7mm screws. Remove the steering wheel - there are instructions in the FAQ for this.

Remove both arms from the column. I believe there are three electrical harnesses that must be unplugged for this. There should be a total of 4-5 torx/7mm bolts for these arms.

Remove the main HVAC ducting. This is pretty easy, there's four or so bolts that are plain as day. The center vent is a bit hard to remove - jiggle and pull until it comes out.

Remove the small vent ducting (leads to the mini vents near the windows). You can do this before the dash comes out, or while it's coming out. I chose to do it while it was coming out because it gave me more room. This is just a matter of pulling on the ducting until it "unclips", so to say.

At this point, it becomes a matter of finding every single brass 7mm bolt and removing it (four of them hold in the passenger airbag, which must be removed). At this point, it's possible to work the dash out of the car.

This spring or summer I'll have a detailed step-by-step with pictures for removing this thing.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Friday, March 18, 2005 10:55 AM
I don't remember having to pull the steering wheel. Maybe it's just because I screwed mine up?

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:11 AM
Unless you cut a large hole in your dash, the steering wheel MUST come off in order for you to remove it.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search