Removing Lower Steering Column Cover - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing Lower Steering Column Cover
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:09 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the lower steering column cover, specifically the tilt lever. I know to unscrew the two screws on the bottom, but I don't know how to remove the tilt lever, which it says to do in my Chilton's manual. Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for NO ONE.

Re: Removing Lower Steering Column Cover
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:52 PM
turn it...it just unscrews

Monday, March 21, 2005 11:54 PM
you will probably need to use some pliers or something like that cuz its put on with loc tite or some sort of glue, but if you use those cover the lever with an old towel or something of the sort or you will destroy the rubber coating. and to get the bottom steering column peice off, there is 3 T15 torx screws that you need to loosen to get it off, hope this helps you out
-Mike

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:56 AM
You can actually hold the piece on an angle and bend it over the tilt lever. That's what I had to do. Done it twice now without breaking it, though I offer no guarantee.

Before doing it the first time, I tried unscrewing the lever and only managed to chew it up pretty good. It didn't budge.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:15 PM
use vice grips and unscrew it that way you know its on there tight and wont slip an scrape it up.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:18 PM
CayenneRedZ24 wrote: I know to unscrew the two screws on the bottom...
I thought there were 3 screws under there...

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:22 PM
^^^^ there are

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search