How To Change the color of your 95-99 cluster gauges w/ LED's - Page 10 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To Change the color of your 95-99 cluster gauges w/ LED's
Monday, April 13, 2009 1:59 PM
JK wrote:hvac lights i mean.

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this too. I'm also looking into replacing the lights in my 2002 cluster with LEDs, any progress with this?

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:49 AM
I just swapped LEDs in my 04 cavy cluster and didnt have any problems. You just have to desolder the old bulbs and solder in new ones with resistors inline. When you put it back together, plug in your cluster before putting the needles back on because they move back to zero when plugged in.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:29 AM
I'm tempted to try this but really don't feel like paying another $80 for another cluster if I @!#$ this one up.

Got any pics chewy? of even the finished product?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:04 PM
Cold Air wrote:I'm tempted to try this but really don't feel like paying another $80 for another cluster if I @!#$ this one up.

Got any pics chewy? of even the finished product?

I dont have any pics of the install but I have a cell phone pic of the cluster. I can get you some intall pics next week when I redo the LEDs. The ones I got have a tendency to hot spot and they dont lite evenly, but the one on the right side of the speedo is a 360 degree diffused LED and that lites very even. So I'm going to order all diffused LEDs and replace them all with those. Anyways heres the pic.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:32 PM
looks awesome man, good job. Is it possible to replace the lights lighting up the warning lights, like the check engine lights and such?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:02 PM
Anythings possible if you find the right LEDs but those are flush with the board so they would be alot harder to do.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:55 PM
So they are SMD? (surface mount leds) I actually have a 50 ct. strip of blue smd's I bought a while back for my xbox 360 controller.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:58 PM
They could be, I didnt get a good look at them as I was concentrating on the other lights.

Saturday, August 08, 2009 10:03 PM
i have a 97 sunfire and the red gauges are getting old....can i swap a cavlier cluster in or something so i can get mine to light up blue?

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend
Sunday, August 09, 2009 6:37 AM
^^ The cavalier clusters won't fit in the 95-99 Sunfires. I have heard that blue leds will work in them despite the red film on the face.

Monday, August 10, 2009 12:10 PM
i'd have em done if they would light up blue...i just dont want to have to open my cluster and scrap the red film off....or go buy an overlay.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:12 PM
the sunfire cluster can fit, juste rewire the connector

Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:13 PM
cavalier ^^'. cluster fit in the sufire

Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:36 PM
99 Cavalier wrote:the sunfire cluster can fit, juste rewire the connector

how hard is it to re wire...just splice and go or is it harder?

and can i just use the blue led's?

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:19 PM
Schaffer wrote:
99 Cavalier wrote:the sunfire cluster can fit, juste rewire the connector

how hard is it to re wire...just splice and go or is it harder?

and can i just use the blue led's?

no, if you do that in a sunfire gauge, it will be purple

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:26 PM
^^Actually I talked to someone who has done it, and his didn't turn out purple.

Friday, August 21, 2009 10:12 AM
Shadowfire wrote:^^Actually I talked to someone who has done it, and his didn't turn out purple.

I can second that as well. There is also a post on this forum that has pictures of the SUNFIRE cluster. Credits go out to BC Fire 70 for the pics. The post is here: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=100618&t=100618 As he states, It WON'T look purple. I've been thinking of amber or green that has a high brightness output so you won't have to see red.
Monday, April 26, 2010 4:16 PM
k guys im about to order LEDS from superbrightled.com i want new lights for my glove box, cluster, hvac map light and trunk light so thats about a total of 9 bulbs now i jus want to make sure that all cavaliers have trunk lights cuz either my lite is blow or i dont have a trunk light also i wana get the ginormas 24led thing for the light in the roof i think its called the map light right??

jus wana make sure all of em are 194 except the hvac which i think are 74 and i wana change the color of the turn signal indicators anyone know is which bulbs they are and if its easy medium or hard to do and if you have done it post up a link of instructions if u have it plz and thank you

Rice gets all diced.... welcome to north american bread tuning
Monday, April 26, 2010 7:51 PM
Carlos,

If you want the following setup and you are going blue PM me and I can hook you up with the bulbs and the bulb holders which are all brand new less then a few hours on them.

FOR SALE
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:35 AM
which leds im ordering the ones with 5 wide angle ones also can someone show me a picture of the trunk lite and where it is i cant find it lol

Rice gets all diced.... welcome to north american bread tuning
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:41 PM
so im wanting to order some LEDs for my cluster, Does any 194 bulb work in a 95 cavavlier cluster. Are there specific ones to get from the site?

Because i was looking today and there are hundreds, i have no idea which ones to order. Im wanting blue.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:34 PM
you need these, i actually just ordered them myself,

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-x5.htm

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:50 PM
Alright thanks. And do i really have to pay $30 in shipping for a 25 dollar order!?

Can anyone from Canada help me out here. Does the "Letter Post" option work for only $4.23???
Friday, May 07, 2010 9:42 PM
Ive had the color changing lights they sell at autozone for a year now. They're pretty cool, and when my radio is pulling to my power the stop changing color, so I know to turn it down a bit. Call it a hillbilly amp gauge. Haha. But yeah I bought the 110 adapter that plug and play, no soldering.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:15 AM
KICK ass. I though you had to re-solder for a '99 as well., Definitely doing this one the weekend
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search