digital gauge longevity other than cyberdyne? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
digital gauge longevity other than cyberdyne?
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:16 PM
After a year and change, I've had to replace my Cyberdyne speedo once by warranty (odo digits all burned out) and the tach is starting to go.

Anyone have any long term experience with the Sport-comp digital line (I'd go with Dakota, but they only come in blue for individuals)

Re: digital gauge longevity other than cyberdyne?
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:44 PM
back from the dead. I am on my third set of cyberdyne gauges now, and they are all about to be replaced. kinda dissapointed, but gonna stick with them.

cyberdyne was apparently just bought out, and the new company is discovering all kinds of issues not only in the manufacturing of the gauges, but also in the testing and documenting areas. the gentleman i spoke with assured me that this set will be good for a long period of time.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:03 PM
TBack from the dead indeed

I'm on speedo #4 due to the odometer burning out. I've not replaced the tach as it appears to have finally quit burning out pixels. No problems with the 2" gages.

Is this new company honoring existing warranties?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:55 PM
they are sending me 2 new gauges (red) with new senders and everything. he said that cyberdyne changed their gauges, but said the old senders would still work, when indeed is sounds like the sender gauge mismatch might be the underlying issue. something about circuit boards getting too many volts or something....

but he is honoring my claim.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:20 PM
Sweet.

*runs off to go find original order receipt*

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:21 PM
pretty sure a reciept wont be needed. just saying. the new company is just trying to make things right from cyberdynes massive failures...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:04 PM
even better.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:08 PM
well good news. my new OP gauge and sender are on the way. boost gauge and sender will be on the way in 2-3 weeks after they get more built. they have changed their setup, and the gauges now come with changeable lenses, instead of color LCD's the LCD's are now all white. this is supposed to make then better apparently.

Monday, January 02, 2012 6:19 PM
got my OP gauge...

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 3:16 AM
This reminds me. I need to see if my Cyberdyne trans gauge is still working.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:15 PM
Got rid of mine shortly after I got them, junk....... Wnet through 2 sets.... none were accurate or worked right...

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:08 PM
jason norwood wrote:Got rid of mine shortly after I got them, junk....... Wnet through 2 sets.... none were accurate or worked right...

Mine are accurate enough. Speedo is +/- .2 mph depending on which of the 6 gps devices I am using. Tach is 20 rpm fast, volt is 0.1 high, fuel is dead on. Water temp is +/- 5 degrees, oil pressure is acceptable. Just the displays don't like me despite rewiring the cluster multiple times.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:11 PM
I have found that mine are accurate to +/-2 PSI either way. the boost is always with in .5 either way, and the OP seems to be be withing 1-2 either way aswell. the only thing i dont like about them is the disply problem they have with the LCD's dying out, and they electronic senders are SLOW!!!

Friday, January 27, 2012 12:12 PM
Ya, had cyberdyne, I think that I was the first to do a whole cyberdyne line in the dash and then I went back to autometer.....

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:39 PM
yeah i was never happy with mine. they have lost pixels on half my gauges. even the ones i sent back and cyberdyne replaced have lost some pixels. luckily the speedo and tach are still good. but my volt gauge is so bad its hard to tell what number it is .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search