So we proved... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So we proved...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:14 PM
So, we proved that the 03+ Sunfires have a leather steering wheel (click here) and we know that the 03 wheel fits the 00+. My question now is, does the 03+ airbag fit on the 00+ Cavys and Sunfires? Like do are they plug and play? I ask because the 95-99 airbags don't fit the 00+ they have a different plug.

Re: So we proved...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:38 PM
The steering wheel air bags are completely different shapes, so no they won't fit.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:01 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:The steering wheel air bags are completely different shapes, so no they won't fit.

hes asking if they are the same internally and plug-wise.

the plugs are the same but will it work correctly with the airbag module is the question. i dont think it will, might cause an airbag light

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:01 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:The steering wheel air bags are completely different shapes, so no they won't fit.

He's switching steering wheels around, he wants to know if the air bag plugs into his harness.
Me? I haven't a clue! Get some wiring diagrams and see if they are wired the same. If they are just change the wire end as per the wire diagram.

Dave
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:45 AM
Fluffy wrote:hes asking if they are the same internally and plug-wise.

Yes!
Once I change to the new leather steering wheel of course the airbags change. Has anyone actually done it (not necessarily change to the leather wheel but just go from an 00+ wheel to an 03+ wheel) and has it worked without any other mods?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search